• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vlad speaks!

King Taharqa

Newest Bobcat likes trade

Radmanovic says Lakers system isn't good for role players.

New Charlotte Bobcat Vladimir Radmanovic made it clear Sunday night he welcomed his trade because he felt so underutilized playing for Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson.

“Here I'll do what I do best. Being a Laker was a great experience, but it was also frustrating not knowing when and how I'd play,” Radmanovic told the Observer before Sunday's game against Miami.

“Phil's system, great as it is, doesn't give a role player much opportunity. For Kobe Bryant, it's great. For Pau Gasol, it's great. But role players don't do much.”

The Bobcats touted Radmanovic's versatility in the front-court as a major reason to make this deal, which sent Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown to the Lakers. The Bobcats added more than $8million in future payroll to acquire him.

Asked about that versatility, Radmanovic said he's equally comfortable playing power or small forward.

“I've been playing 3 and 4 my whole career,” he said. “Obviously I'm a little quicker than most 6-10 guys, so I can guard smaller players.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/525747.html

Vlad was a mess. Disinterested on the court, unprofessional off of it. Luke went down with an injury and Vlad had a perfect opportunity to win his starting spot back. What does he do? Sleeps in for an afternoon game and shows up late for the shootaround. Vans to practice....seriously? Thank God this space cadet is gone forever.

i hope he brings his lunchpail to LBs practices.. hopefully he was just upset w/Lakers org and contributes here.. i dont want any slouches bringing down the young talent we have.. we need vet leaders and young guns..

Archived