• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want ot wait till after the first round to get a QB??

teeray

Those aren't real fans and they will just leave again and come again and so on. Do you want an organization full of ATL fans or Cowboy fans?

We already have a bad rep do we want it to get worse with bandwagon fans?

I have friends. Who have been Panther fans for years, that are leaving. It's not because they aren't 'real fans' it's because they don't like the way this organization is heading.

How does the pay for play thing matter in the NFL anyway? He will be getting paid to play in the NFL...end of story. People need to stop acting like this is an isolated incident and that Cam is the only one who has ever done it, if he actually did do it. There are players in the NFL HOF who took money in college, so it really has no bearing on how well they can play football.

You're right, but it goes right to the heart of character, which I value. So do Richardson, Hurney and Rivera to name but three.

It's not one isolated incident, it's a pattern of terrible decision making.

Traffic tix don't generally bother me, but 12 in 2 years? Is it a learning disability or does he just not care? Is he above the law?

Laptop, how about the fact he threw it out the dorm window when the authorities arrived?

You want this past as the face of the franchise?

Some would say that Steve Smith has been the face of the franchise for a while now, and he's certainly no angel. At least Cam has never been violent with anybody, as far as we know.

You make it racial with the ignorance you spew. You misrepresent the fans and team with your crap. Banning me wont solve your problem. Potray the heisman winner as a petty thug. Gtfoh!

His rap sheet and transgressions are the basis of my argument, race has nothing to do with it and I'm sick of you inferences and twisting of words.

The fact that he's black means nothing to me.

True, but Steve was an elite player when it happened, not a question mark coming out of college with a (possibly) monster contract.

Smitty wasn't an elite player the first time it happened, and he could easily have been cut, but JR chose to stick with him. And do you really believe that Steve Smith didn't have any "help" on his academics? There is a reason why he went to JUCO before he wound up at Utah.

Here are the last ten years QB's taken after the first 44 picks in the draft. Look at all the stars. I bolded all the ones that have panned out so far to become good NFL QB's so you could clearly see the value. To be fair this list does not included Drew Brees who was 33rd overall selection (first pick of second round) or Tony Romo who was undrafted. These are only the guys taken 44th or later.

ROUND 2: Jimmy Clausen, Panthers (48th overall)

ROUND 3: Colt McCoy, Browns (85); Armanti Edwards, Panthers (89)

ROUND 4: Mike Kafka, Eagles (122)

ROUND 5: John Skelton, Cardinals (155); Jonathan Crompton, Chargers (168)

ROUND 6: Rusty Smith, Titans (176); Dan LeFevour, Bears (181); Joe Webb, Vikings (199); Tony Pike, Panthers (204)

ROUND 7: Levi Brown, Bills (209); Sean Canfield, Saints (239); Zac Robinson, Patriots (250)

ROUND 4: Stephen McGee, Cowboys (101)

ROUND 5: Rhett Bomar, Giants (151); Nate Davis, 49ers (171)

ROUND 6: Tom Brandstater, Broncos (174); Mike Teel, Seahawks (178); Keith Null, Rams (196); Curtis Painter, Colts (201)

ROUND 2: Brian Brohm, Packers (56), Chad Henne, Dolphins (57)

ROUND 3: Kevin O’Connell, Patriots (94)

ROUND 5: John David Booty, Vikings (137); Dennis Dixon, Steelers (156); Josh Johnson, Buccaneers (160); Erik Ainge, Jets (162)

ROUND 6: Colt Brennan, Redskins (198); Andre Woodson, Giants (198)

ROUND 7: Matt Flynn, Packers (209); Alex Brink, Texans (223)

ROUND 3: Trent Edwards, Bills (92)

ROUND 5: Jeff Rowe, Bengals (151); Troy Smith, Ravens (174)

ROUND 6: Jordan Palmer, Redskins (205)

ROUND 7: Tyler Thigpen, Vikings (217)

ROUND 2: Kellen Clemens, Jets (49); Tarvaris Jackson, Vikings (64)

ROUND 3: Charlie Whitehurst, Chargers (81); Brodie Croyle, Chiefs (85)

ROUND 5: Ingle Martin, Packers (148); Omar Jacobs, Steelers (164)

ROUND 6: Bruce Gradkowski, Buccaneers (194)

ROUND 7: D.J. Shockley, Falcons (223)

ROUND 3: Charlie Frye, Browns (67); Andrew Walter, Raiders (69); David Greene, Seahawks (85)

ROUND 4: Kyle Orton, Bears (106); Stefan LeFors, Panthers (121)

ROUND 5: Dan Orlovsky, Lions (145); Adrian McPherson, Saints (152)

ROUND 6: Derek Anderson, Ravens (213)

ROUND 7: Matt Cassel, Patriots (230); Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rams (250)

ROUND 3: Matt Schaub, Falcons (90)

ROUND 4: Luke McCown, Browns (106)

ROUND 5: Craig Krenzel, Bears (148)

ROUND 6: Andy Hall, Eagles (185); Josh Harris, Ravens (187); Jim Sorgi, Colts (193); Jeff Smoker, Rams (201); John Navarre, Cardinals (202).

ROUND 7: Cody Pickett, 49ers (217); Casey Bramlet, Bengals (218); Matt Mauck, Broncos (225); B.J. Symons, Texans (248); Bradlee Van Pelt, Broncos (250)

ROUND 3: Dave Ragone, Texans (88); Chris Simms, Buccaneers (97)

ROUND 4: Seneca Wallace, Seahawks (110)

ROUND 5: Brian St. Pierre, Steelers (163)

ROUND 6: Drew Henson, Texans (192); Brooks Bollinger, Jets (200); Kliff Kingsbury, Patriots (201)

ROUND 7: Gibran Hamdan, Redskins (232); Ken Dorsey, 49ers (241).

ROUND 3: Josh McCown, Cardinals (81)

ROUND 4: David Garrard, Jaguars (108); Rohan Davey, Patriots (117)

ROUND 5: Randy Fasani, Panthers (137); Kurt Kittner, Falcons (158); Brandon Doman, 49ers (163); Craig Nall, Packers (164)

ROUND 6: J.T. O’Sullivan, Saints (186)

ROUND 7: Seth Burford, Chargers (216); Jeff Kelly, Seahawks (232); Wes Pate, Ravens (236)

ROUND 2: Quincy Carter, Cowboys (53); Marques Tuiasosopo, Raiders (59)

ROUND 4: Chris Weinke, Panthers (106); Sage Rosenfels, Redskins (109); Jesse Palmer, Giants (125)

ROUND 5: Mike McMahon, Lions (149); A.J. Feeley, Eagles (155)

ROUND 6: Josh Booty, Seahawks (172); Josh Heupel, Dolphins (177).

In summary, yeah there may be busts at QB in the first round but the odds are exponentially higher that those guys in the first round turn into good QB's than waiting to find value at the QB position in the later rounds.

Two guys in ten years have panned out.

It simply doesn't happen.

Chad Henne has had his moments. So have Matt Flynn and Bruce Gradkowsi, and there's still time for all of them.

Tony Romo (UDFA, 2003) and Derek Anderson made the pro bowl. Kyle Orton looked good for a while last year. David Garrard hasn't been too terribly bad as a starter.

I guess I'm saying, I think you've missed some.

Why are we always bringing up Newton's past problems? And keeping the 'Panthers image?' We were the WORST team last year, we have a incompetent Owner, A horrible QB situation. I'm pretty sure our image is already gone.

Couldn't disagree more. You have to maintain your standards, you can't loosen your priorities and hope to improve.

What good will he be suspended?

His rap sheet and transgressions are the basis of my argument, race has nothing to do with it and I'm sick of you inferences and twisting of words.

The fact that he's black means nothing to me.

Race is the only reason you would sell us an Andrew Luck as being perfect. Then call Can a dirty criminal. You have an agenda for white people. That's a big reason so many don't view this team as credible and are about to give up on us

Chad Henne has had his moments. So have Matt Flynn and Bruce Gradkowsi, and there's still time for all of them.

Tony Romo (UDFA, 2003) and Derek Anderson made the pro bowl. Kyle Orton looked good for a while last year. David Garrard hasn't been too terribly bad as a starter.

I guess I'm saying, I think you've missed some.

I said only two have turned out to be good. A few others have been serviceable. Serviceable won't cut it in the NFC South anymore. I also mentioned Romo in my original post.

If you want to battle for the NFC South with Derek Anderson (I'm not even sure he is still in the league), Orton, Gradkowski, Garrard, then be my guest.

Only two have turned out to be good NFL QB's.

Couldn't disagree more. You have to maintain your standards, you can't loosen your priorities and hope to improve.

What good will he be suspended?

This is getting a little ridiculous Newton is no thug. You're really something else......

I said only two have turned out to be good. A few others have been serviceable. Serviceable won't cut it in the NFC South anymore. I also mentioned Romo in my original post.

If you want to battle for the NFC South with Derek Anderson (I'm not even sure he is still in the league), Orton, Gradkowski, Garrard, then be my guest.

Only two have turned out to be good NFL QB's.

Anderson is with the Cardinals, I believe, and they're in the market for a new QB right now.

Archived