• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The You're about to have a baby thread.

The Saltman

Firstborn son is due in May... the crib just went up in his room. It's gettin' real around my house right now.

May? You are one month ahead of where i was with crib asemblin bidness...

btw, my comment earlier was a joke. i took a video of my rugrat eating yesterday and ive watched it 10 times. its hilarious...(to me only im sure). Its a conversation during her "dinner". I sent it to my friends and told them we were teaching her Chinese. You see she thinks she is talking, but its in some sort of Klingon dialect. So she is talking Klingon and we reply, and she responds accordingly. Id show it here, but im afraid of you people.

I sent it to my friends and told them we were teaching her Chinese. You see she thinks she is talking, but its in some sort of Klingon dialect. So she is talking Klingon and we reply, and she responds accordingly. Id show it here, but im afraid of my wife.

fixed

Babies are awesome, so much so that we're having another in August.

Tips for new parents to help the baby sleep through the night:

(we did this with our son and he was sleeping from 9pm-8am at 2.5 months)

- Do NOT use a bassinette, just don't, if they're in the room with you eventually they'll end up in the bed, which leads to

- Do NOT let the baby sleep in the bed with you no matter how cute/fun it is

- Put the baby to bed at the same time every night, preceded by a bath at the same time every night, it's all about routines at this point

- Do NOT look at, acknowledge, or talk to your baby during night feedings, if you can do this (which is tough) eventually they never fully wake up and can go back to sleep easily

- Do NOT turn on any lights for night feedings, there should be a night light, use that

- Make sure you load up on patience, babies will cry when put in the crib more often than not, especially at first. If you can get past those first few nights of crying/falling asleep life will get easier.

- Buy a video monitor if you can afford it (we JUST got one and we really wish we'd have invested the $$ when he was born)

This information was more valuable than we ever imagined, I got it from my buddy who has triplets, this worked for their 3 and it's really effective when you just have one.

Archived