• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The You're about to have a baby thread.

The Saltman

I'm just saying all the parents that I have known that used video monitors are the ones that had their kids controlling them. Mainly because I have witnessed them watch the monitor, the kid will toss and turn a couple of times, and the parent (usually mom) runs up their to lay with them until they go to sleep. I'm sure there are exceptions to that...just my opinion and what I've witnessed.

However, I love to bring up Paranormal Activity when I see someone watching their kids on the video monitor :lol:

Ok, I feel sorry for those parents.

The happiest kids are the ones who become part of a household, not ones who run it.

salty needs an infraction for his racial bullshit and then he too can STFU!!!

I never said anything about controlled...so bite me! If you can hear what your baby is doing in their room, thats already more than enough. You hear them, you get off your lazy ass and you go check on them! Think back only 20 years and what people were doing with babies then! No damn video monitors and poo. As I said, nice to have, if your budget allows, but far from need to have!

salty needs an infraction for his racial bullshit and then he too can STFU!!!

I never said anything about controlled...so bite me! If you can hear what your baby is doing in their room, thats already more than enough. You hear them, you get off your lazy ass and you go check on them! Think back only 20 years and what people were doing with babies then! No damn video monitors and poo. As I said, nice to have, if your budget allows, but far from need to have!

Shut it old man! Next we're going to hear how you had to walk 80 miles in the snow to school every day.

GL man you will never be as ready as u think but u already know that. You will be a good dad.

ps its going to be a boy right?

Thanks! Yep, it's going to be a boy.

If you can take as much video as possible the first 30 minutes or so after birth. She'll remember very little due to the drugs and she will appreciate it later. Maybe even get a family member to play camera man.

That's great advice. We've been looking at video cameras right now, as we don't have one. I really need to get one quickly. I'd hate for her to go into labor before then and us miss the chance to record all of this.

when did you find out the baby is in breech position? did they do an ultrasound to check?

They did several ultrasounds over the last eight months, and in all of them he was breech. At 34 weeks, he was still breech. I did read that something like 25% of babies are breech at 32 weeks, but then as they put on weight over the next few weeks, they'll flip -- leaving only about 3% of babies breech at term.

So it's definitely not something for you to worry about now. Our baby is at a very average weight, and his heart and everything look great. For whatever reason, he just decided not to flip over. :p

thats awesome. when hes of age u can teach him the ways of the brew!!

I really hope to! I'm going to put away something for us to share when he turns 21 -- probably something that you can find every year, like a Chimay Blue or something. That beer does improve with age, but I'm not sure it will be that great by 21 years. We'll see. At any rate, I'll have some other things in the cellar to share with him at that time, I'm sure.

Archived