• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaepernick Rising? Panthers (Shula) attend Nevada Pro Day

mav1234

Even though you've compared them many times before about "real" projects and Cam Newton.

The only QB I'm not a hater of is Kaepernick, and I only stop hating him after the 3rd round.

That was in a thread when we were comparing QBs!!! Of course I was comparing him in that instance. This is a thread about Kaepernick. I wasn't even thinking about other QBs when I wrote that.

Only people obsessed with someone would go into a Kaepernick thread and be thinking of ways to bring Cam into it.

But wait... that would mean you are.... :eek: :ee:

. . . anyway. I don't think Kapernick is a real option for this team. If they pass on the top couple guys with the first pick, I don't think we'll take a flier on a guy like him in the third or fourth. This team is either going to swing big or pass on all the major qbs in my opinion.

Philly would be a great fit IMO. He eventually could slide right into that Mike Vick role and not miss much of a beat.

Philly would be a great fit IMO. He eventually could slide right into that Mike Vick role and not miss much of a beat.

Reid just seems like he can coach up almost any QB (with Mike McMahon being the dumb horse he couldn't break) sort of in that Holmgren way. I think any place with an established starter who is closer to the downside of their career could be interested in him. I could also see the 49ers getting a Palmer or Hasselbeck and then drafting someone like Kapernick for Harbaugh to try and mold into something.

Reid just seems like he can coach up almost any QB (with Mike McMahon being the dumb horse he couldn't break) sort of in that Holmgren way. I think any place with an established starter who is closer to the downside of their career could be interested in him. I could also see the 49ers getting a Palmer or Hasselbeck and then drafting someone like Kapernick for Harbaugh to try and mold into something.

I could see that. I just feel like the Philly offense the way it was ran last year is a good fit for Colin. Plus he will have time to develop behind Vick.

Plus it was reported today that they set up a private workout with him which is what triggered the idea in the first place.

I would like to see what Harbaugh could do with him as well though.

I wonder if they really got to like him or Mallett if they would consider taking someone else at #1 and trading next year's 1st to move back into the middle of the 1st round and taking one of them?

I doubt it'll happen, but it's an option I haven't seen discussed much. Just seems odd that we're scouting all these 2nd/late 1st type QB's with no 2nd round pick.

Good point. They need to know the market beyond the top 10 or so because there are 4-5 teams (Washington, Minn, Miami, Seattle, Jax) who could trade up. I think the are looking at the second round, however. move down 3-5 places, grab Peterson, Dareus, Green, Bowers, or Fairley--or even Gabbert or Newton, and get an early second pick. Kaepernick is the real deal, but he needs the right situation, like all QBs.

Archived