• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaepernick Rising? Panthers (Shula) attend Nevada Pro Day

mav1234

From http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/22/colin-kaepernick-goes-36-for-38-at-nevada-pro-day/:

According to a league source, Kaepernick hit 36 of his 38 throws on campus, not including a couple of drops. 25 teams were represented at the workout, including quarterback coaches from the Jaguars (Mike Sheppard) and Panthers (Mike Shula).

Good for Kaepernick. No possible way he's in discussion for #1 but I like his upside.

If he lands in the right place, look for him to very very good down the line. He's so incredibly raw, but if he can sit he could really make a splash once he straightens things out.

I wonder if they really got to like him or Mallett if they would consider taking someone else at #1 and trading next year's 1st to move back into the middle of the 1st round and taking one of them?

I doubt it'll happen, but it's an option I haven't seen discussed much. Just seems odd that we're scouting all these 2nd/late 1st type QB's with no 2nd round pick.

I wonder if they really got to like him or Mallett if they would consider taking someone else at #1 and trading next year's 1st to move back into the middle of the 1st round and taking one of them?

I doubt it'll happen, but it's an option I haven't seen discussed much. Just seems odd that we're scouting all these 2nd/late 1st type QB's with no 2nd round pick.

While I like CK as a prospect, please please please no more borrowing against the future.

It would sure be nice to have a full slate of draft picks one of these years.

I'm still holding out hope we can trade down within the top 5, grab a top 5 2nd round pick and grab Mallet (or even CK) with that pick and still get Green, Dareus or Peterson with our first pick (assuming the #1 was used on Newton or Gabbert by the trade partner).

I'm going to be pretty pissed if we draft another 2nd round tweener QB with "upside." Either be sold on Newton or Gabbert as the QB of the future or don't draft a QB at all. I'm sick of this trial and error BS at the most important position in sports.

Would you be happy with trading down twice in the 1st? Maybe back to 4 or 5, pick up a 2nd, then back into the teens, take CK, and get another 2nd? That would take away gambling that any of the "top picks" are sure things ( I think PP is), and give us multiple 2nds and 3rds.

Archived