• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sorthnarolina's 7 Round Mock Draft 6.0...

SorthNarolina

I really don't feel like posting on here during the lockout but I felt a mock draft building up in my loins. Need to get it out.

1st Cam Newton QB - It's just easier to pick Newton than to bang my head on the wall thinking about all the reasons for or against going QB. I'm on the PP orchestra train but I'm hopping off as soon as the #1 pick is announced. I find the love/hate for him pathetic and too embarrassing to even discuss.

I would much rather go BPA. I'd be fine with Green, Dareus, or Peterson here. But I'm just fatigued, I'd rather get used to the idea of Newton and be surprised on draft day. Let's take a shot at it. Hurney's 1st round grade is spectacular and Rivera looks like a solid judge of character so I think if they pick Newton he will turn out being our franchise QB down the line.

3rd James Carpenter OT/OG - Jeff Otah is officially undependable. We should prepare as if he's not even a part of the team. If he stays healthy it's a bonus.

3rd(comp) Jarvis Jenkins DT - solid pick for D-line rotation.

4th Chimdi Chekwa CB - Whether or not I would want this guy to start, we don't have the greatest depth of talent in the secondary anyways.

5th Lawrence Wilson WLB - I have a thing for LBers good in pass coverage. I liked Brian Rolle but his small size may not take in the NFL according to conventional thinking, He's a good one too.

6th Mike McNeill TE - good TE prospect not quite the wacky basketball prospect I want. Good enough.

7th Ladi Ajiboye DT - I pretty much am picking him because of the cool name. Weed charge but isn't considered lazy.

I figure we'll need to explore FA a lot for Defensive tackles. The trade down scenario is great but it's probably not going to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived