• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Male crossdressing opinion poll revised

Brokenbad

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3045510&postcount=24

No way to know a real number for sure, but the best estimate is probably about 75%. When I was looking it up because of this thread I saw up to 90%, but that seems a bit high.

If you go to message boards for it you'll see that they are almost exclusively full of straight, married men.

When gay men are crossdressers they tend to be drag queens, which is more of a caricature of women for entertainment. That's a small % of overall crossdressers.

Facts are a dangerous thing

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3045510&postcount=24

No way to know a real number for sure, but the best estimate is probably about 75%. When I was looking it up because of this thread I saw up to 90%, but that seems a bit high.

If you go to message boards for it you'll see that they are almost exclusively full of straight, married men.

When gay men are crossdressers they tend to be drag queens, which is more of a caricature of women for entertainment. That's a small % of overall crossdressers.

But what constitutes crossdressing? Putting on a bra? Throwing on some panties? Or are we talking a full outfit? This can have a huge impact.

And a forum for crossdressers is such a small portion of the demographic I would not consider it an accurate source.

Think about it this way. If you're trying to attract a gay man (someone who is attracted to men), why on earth would you dress like a woman?

That's like dressing like a salad to attract carnivores.

Who said anyone was trying to attract gay men? The idea is to dress up like a woman because you like the feeling, and possibly to attract men in general.

Facts are a dangerous thing

It's a sad day when someone can "win" an argument by simply visiting a random website and random forum and quoting it as fact.

A very thorough research paper would be a bit better, though.

And you're right, I don't know a damn thing about crossdressing or peoples motives behind it. However, my perception is similar to that of most of society, and honestly, as much as we diss the world we live in, a lot of our common perceptions are true.

Archived