• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brutal Beating of Giants Fan

Johnny Rockets

Phillies fans and San Diego fans are pretty terrible people.

A was at the Rays/Phillies WS game in Philly watching a friend of mine pitch and he had about 50 friends/family members there and one of them had a 10 year old kid with them.

Kid went to the bathroom alone to pee and when myself and someone else walked a group of 6 grown men were pushing him against the wall and talking poo to him as he's crying and trying to get out.

There was no fight but we had them arrested. fug Philly

Philly is grimey. Every single time I've been (and I used to live 45min away) I couldn't wait to get out. The people and the place are dirty as sin. Not everyone of course, but I can honestly say I've met 25 scumbags for every 1 decent person in Philly.

I've been to maybe 30 Dodger games the last 3 years, have never seen or experienced a single incident. That being said I sit in a Season Ticket holder area in the Loge section just off of Home Plate. If you come dressed in Giant gear you're liable to get some good natured ribbing but act like an adult and you will have no problem.

There is no way in hell I'd even bother going to a game and sit up in the reserved section. Sorry, just too many drunk assholes who are slime not just at Dodger stadium, but everywhere they go in life. I'd rather stay home and watch it in Hi-Def than share a game with this trash. A rash generalization I know but one small group of people can ruin an entire section/fan experience. The Dodgers have an 800 number you can call or text to report abusive fans during the game, more people need to use it.

And don't think this problem is unique to LA or couldn't happen in Frisco:

A San Carlos man

pleaded guilty Thursday to involuntary manslaughter for the one-punch death of another man in a fight outside San Francisco's AT&T Park during a San Francisco Giants game in 2008, a prosecutor said.

Taylor Buckley agreed to a plea bargain this morning that includes one year in jail and five years of probation for his role in the death of 18-year-old Anthony Giraudo on May 9, 2008, San Francisco Assistant District Attorney Brian Buckelew said.

Buckley, who was also 18 at the time, punched Giraudo in the heat of an argument outside the stadium during the Giants game.

Giraudo, a baseball player who had been attending Canada College in Redwood City, fell and struck his head on the pavement, and died the next day at San Francisco General Hospital.

Prosecutors contend Buckley sucker-punched Giraudo once on the side of the face with a closed fist, but did not charge Buckley with murder because the killing was deemed not to have occurred with malice.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/crime/2011/02/man-pleads-guilty-gets-year-jail-2008-one-punch-death-near-att-park#ixzz1ImooDmVn

Neg Rep

Mets fans are the most agitating fan base in all of sports. I hate them....it transcends sports hate.

The 88 playoffs I sat next to a Met fan during game 6 of the NLCS. Most obnoxious prick I've ever sat next to. ;) I can still hear him saying "Go Nails!" and "Wallleeeee!".

Worse they beat the Dodgers that day to force game 7.

Sweet revenge of course Hershiser blew them away the next day to lead the Dodgers to the World Series and as they say, the rest is history.

• 4 months later...

Bay Area vs Bay Area.

Pathetic.

-- A man wearing a "F- the

49ers" T-shirt was shot outside Candlestick Park shortly after the end of Saturday night's preseason game between the Raiders and 49ers, a police sergeant said.

He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where his condition was called critical as of 10 p.m. Saturday.

Read more:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/20/SPKL1KQ2U8.DTL#ixzz1VgaIJlYo

Hope it's not the Raiders who come back to Los Angeles.

Archived