• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brutal Beating of Giants Fan

Johnny Rockets

Shame...As a philly fan I know that a couple of jacka$$es do not represent a whole fanbase but I as I have mentioned before, I know a couple guys who went to LA when the Phillies played the Dodgers in the playoffs and they said they did not feel comfortable cheering for the Phils in that stadium.

Said there were quite a few "fans" there that were not to happy with them being there and were dead serious about it. They walked out of that stadium and kept their mouths shut as they left and these guys are not easily intimidated. It's odd because whenever I think of that stadium I think about Mary Hart and Larry King.

I know there are a couple of people on here that live in that area so how bad is it there?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/04/california.fan.beating/index.html?hpt=T2

Bryan Stow, 41, has been fighting for his life since two men wearing Dodgers clothing assaulted him after last week's season opener in Los Angeles, police said. The avid Giants fan was attacked after the game, which the Dodgers won 2-1.

Yeah. The stadium is in East LA which has been sorta cleaned up but it is the home of the Cholo's.

I don't think it's the area as much as the mentality. Remeber, most of the Dodger fans at one tiem were Raider fans. I have been to a couple of games wearing my Giants gear and never really had any trouble. But I did steer clear of anything that would trigger my SA.

Lately, I have been pondering not taking my kids when I go next.

A couple of real "tough guys" there. 2 on 1, and they ran up behind him.

Bastages!

How'd they get away? Some tens of thousands of people who don't know what a citizen's arrest is or have they gotten rid of that law in LA?

EDIT: lol, after researching i find the only state that doesn't allow a citizen's arrest is good old North Carolina.

It depends where you sit when you go as well and how obnoxious of an opposing fan you are.

I've been going to games there since I was 6 years old and last year was the first year I ever got into a confrontation with someone. I am a Dodger fan and was sitting in very nice seats but the language from behind us was pretty absurd all game long. I don't mind that stuff but I was with my very young brother and didn't think he needed to hear that so I asked them to keep the language cleaner and they gave me some poo back but they knew they were wrong and kept it clean.

If you sit in the bleachers in the outfield you better be on your best behavior. I saw a Dodger fan beat up a Mets fan and the Dodger fan had a baby in his left arm. Yes. The Mets fan got repeatedly punched in the face by a Dodger fan.

Basically if you don't act like an idiot I've never seen there be problems. Surely there are a few bad apples but the majority of my visits to Dodger stadium are friendly and I've been to over 100 games there. The one thing I have noticed lately is the language gets pretty bad for young kids, which is unfortunate, but being polite and asking them to refrain should get the job done.

How'd they get away? Some tens of thousands of people who don't know what a citizen's arrest is or have they gotten rid of that law in LA?

EDIT: lol, after researching i find the only state that doesn't allow a citizen's arrest is good old North Carolina.

can't be.....I once saw Goober pull the "citizen's arrest" on Barney for doing an illegal u-turn in the middle of Mayberry.

Phillies fans and San Diego fans are pretty terrible people.

A was at the Rays/Phillies WS game in Philly watching a friend of mine pitch and he had about 50 friends/family members there and one of them had a 10 year old kid with them.

Kid went to the bathroom alone to pee and when myself and someone else walked a group of 6 grown men were pushing him against the wall and talking poo to him as he's crying and trying to get out.

There was no fight but we had them arrested. fug Philly

Archived