• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which would make you more depressed?

Brokenbad

What the soldiers/sailors/marines said. Long story short, I was army INF, got hurt & finished my hitch in finance. They will be screwed.

Bottom line is that the both sides in both cases are looking out for self & couldnt care less about the little guy.

We had a meeting before I left work this morning and it seems like the shut down is imminent. I joked that we are getting locked out (although I will still have to come to work). The joke around the station was for the military, "fight now and we will pay you later". It's funny but at the same time a little disturbing.

Both will eventually get worked out but the govt shutdown actually affects people and their livelyhoods and unlike the NFL we didn't have two years to plan.

I cant emphasize enough just how much people who voted for the NFL over a government shutdown need to very seriously reexamine their priorities.

...or the fact that most people know that the despite all the chest bumping, huffing, and puffing, the government won't shut down...and even it it did, it would be for an insignificant amount of time.

it's not the first time this situation has occurred, and it's not the last.

the US government is not about to face the embarrassment and scrutiny it will get from it's own citizens and other countries if it shuts down.

the nfl on the other hand, could give a flying fug about what anyone thinks.

Archived