• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett Reportedly Confirms Drug Use at Arkansas

mav1234

From everybody's favorite, Nolan Nawrocki:

Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett — One GM said Mallett was the first quarterback ever to admit his drug usage to him in interviews, and his willingness to be honest about his past and acknowledge issues is viewed as a positive. Concerns about his history of use could impact his draft position, though. Although Mallett did not produce an official positive test at Arkansas, he has been arrested for public intoxication and carries a reputation as a "big party guy," per sources who have interviewed him. How much teams believe he has matured will weigh into his draft status. "I would not take him at any point," one executive not in need of a quarterback said. He still figures to be drafted in the second round.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/04/11/character-assessments-shape-nfl-success

No idea what he used or win. Mallett, to my knowledge, has 'only' been arrested for drinking and hasn't had any other known drug report, including no positive substance abuse tests.

Thought I'd throw more logs on the fire...

well its official he is completely fuging retarded

maybe... maybe not... he made a mistake and he owned up to it. while he'll take his lump for it and I wouldn't really want to touch him in the first round, it's best he be honest with these teams, because they're going to learn the truth.

You think most of the people here would know what college is like?

you can go to college, party, and still avoid using hard drugs pretty easily :p now if it's weed, man what a fuging mountain out of a molehill.

if it IS weed, didn't we also hear after the combine that someone failed a drug test for it? maybe that was Mallett, lol.

And it was just COLLEGE when Newton bought a stolen laptop.

and both of them will have to answer questions about it for some time, as they should.

lol everyone smokes weed

weed use is so common I almost doubt it was this. but I could be wrong.

Archived