• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is an awesome cop...

Darth Biscuit

I have seen this happen before. I hate to say it because of the "narrators" (and I am from there) but I am pretty sure that is a NJ state trooper. In NJ and 5 or 6 other states it is illegal to be in the left lane unless you are passing and State Troopers don't mess around with that. If you are in the left lane and cars to the right of you are going faster than you, you will get pulled or told to move over as this trooper did. It's a great law.

It's a law here too... one that no one obeys...

In North Carolina? I would be shocked if that is the case. The 3 states that I have driven in (Mass, NJ, and Pa) that have the "keep right" law all enforce it regularly and are quite strict about it on the highways. If you are not passing, you can't be in the left lane.

NC might have the universal "slower traffic keep to the right" code which is pretty much just a suggestion, but I don't think there is the keep right law in place. If there is, I have never seen it enforced.

In North Carolina? I would be shocked if that is the case. The 3 states that I have driven in (Mass, NJ, and Pa) that have the "keep right" law all enforce it regularly and are quite strict about it on the highways. If you are not passing, you can't be in the left lane.

NC might have the universal "slower traffic keep to the right" code which is pretty much just a suggestion, but I don't think there is the keep right law in place. If there is, I have never seen it enforced.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_20/GS_20-146.html

enforcing=riding their ass until they get over. That's about as far as it goes. Although, I have never seen anyone actually not get out of the way for a cop in the left lane...but I imagine the cop would just go around in NC

Archived