• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the value of the #1 pick?

Stumpy

McShay mocked Peterson to SF at #7. Would those of you who REALLy want Cam be willing to trade down TWICE ( Bengals, 49ers if they were willing to do so for Cam and Gabbert)- if we could get Peterson plus 2 #2's this year?

Yes, no brainer. Best player in draft plus 2 2nds is almost too perfect. Probably will not happen though.

If you could guarantee that Peterson would be available at #7 then i would be all for that, but with him being the BPA on most boards, i see it being unlikely that he drops that far and you can't gamble on a player dropping that far.

Agreed. I would pick Peterson first. BUT, if you agree with McShay that there are only 4 elite players ( I think maybe 2) there isn't much difference between 1-7. If Peterson was gone, that would still leave Quinn, J. Jones, AJ Green, Fairley, Gabbert or Newton plus 2 more picks in the top 40. Seems like a no brainer- but probably a pipe dream.....

Archived