• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanford runnning a zone read option???

teeray

I don't get that at all.

I think when he says he wanted to finish his degree and play one more year of college to try and accomplish some personal goals, he meant it. Nothing to do with us. Nothing to do with pressure. Just what he wanted.

And honestly, it is smart to have something to fall back on in case you blow your knee the first day of minicamp or some such.

I agree it might turn out to be a bad decision, but I don't really question the reasons he made it.

He needs something to fall back on after getting a contract with at least 60 million guaranteed? LOL

What if he blows his knee out playing one more season at Stanford and never sees that 60 million dollar payday?

It's just my opinion, but it sounds to me like the kid is hiding from the NFL. I could understand him returning if Harbaugh was going back, but once Harbaugh jumped ship, Luck was a fool to stay.

Manning did the same thing... Locker did it this year... Bradford...

How many of those guys would you say can't handle pressure? Locker may not have played in the NFL yet but the kid is tough as hell, and while he may never make it as an NFL qb it won't be due to him being unable to handle pressure.

To some guys, there are things more important than money.

I think Manning stayed in school to avoid the Jets, can't say I really blame him. Manning and Bradford were also on teams that had legitimate shots at a national championship when they returned, there's no way Stanford is going to win a national championship anytime soon.

Locker didn't think he was ready and he was right, in fact he's still not ready. IMO he should have taken the 78 million dollar contract with 50+ million guaranteed and let the chips fall where they may.

Archived