• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Minnesota Vick-ings?

Matt Foley

There might be questions about Vick’s sharpness and conditioning because he hasn’t played since 2006, but he’s a proven winner who led the Falcons to an NFC championship game and has been to three Pro Bowls. The dynamic athlete has the NFL single-season record for yards rushing by a quarterback with 1,039 in 2006, and is third all-time. He also has passed for 11,505 yards in six seasons, with 71 touchdowns and 52 interceptions.

This is the main reason why someone is gonna give Vick a chance when Goodell reinstates him. There are worse QBs in the league starting and holding clipboards.

This is the main reason why someone is gonna give Vick a chance when Goodell reinstates him. There are worse QBs in the league starting and holding clipboards.

Perhaps.

Right now though, the interest level is pretty much nada: Yahoo Sports

With his status still up in the air over a potential league suspension, Michael Vick is an ice-cold commodity. A league source said the Falcons have drawn very little legitimate interest since general manager Thomas Dimitroff announced the franchise’s intention to trade Vick last week. Apparently the Falcons brass will meet again next week to discuss the situation with Vick and come up with a resolution based on the interest – or lack thereof – that he has generated, and how they will proceed.

Florio said Vick will need to put on a "convincing display" to get Goodell to reinstate him. His take is that it won't happen this season.

Vick would be very good in the wildcat, acutally having a RB that can throw could turn that formation into an actual cog of an offense

trade him for a 7th

you have a back up QB that pretty much sucks, but a good number of teams have that

and you have a very dangerous player for certain formations that could really make plays happen

I think there are 32 teams in the League that would love to have him based on talent. Hell put him at wide receiver. But I doubt there is one team that wants to take on the dog lovers within its fan base. At least I hope not. If my Rams signed him I would no longer be a Rams fan.

If Vick has 0 value as some really believe then why would the Falcons keep him on their roster all this time? I mean he's a "PR nightmare" right? They could've easily dumped him the minute he pled guilty similar to how we canned Rae Carruth prior to his murder trial. But they havent and are still attempting to parlay a trade for his services. Arthur Blank is a smart businessman, if he knew none of his owner buddies would take on Vick I dont think he would foolishly keep him in hopes of a trade. The truth is there isnt much interest in trading for Vick, but make no mistake about it, they are teams who will take a look at him the minute he's released. There's worse offenders who've gotten second chances. Only reason Vick is viewed differently is he's a black QB. If he played corner or RB or any other position thats not looked to for leadership and glory nobody would be crying about him coming back.

Arent you a Rams fan? You already know the answer. LOL.

Leonard Little had never had a drink in his life. His teammates took him out and got him trashed on his 21st birthday. Is he a dumbass for trying to drive home? Probably. But it's not the same as stealing pets from people's yards, throwing them in to get chewed up, fighting pit bulls and then killing the ones who didn't fight as much as you wanted them to.

I'm sure the victim's family feels differently, but Leonard Little did not have any intent to kill or even harm anyone that night. It was his first buzz ever. Now when he got picked up for a second DUI, he deserved jail time, in my opinion. But he didn't hurt anyone the second time.

Leonard Little killed a woman. No matter how much syrup we pour on that fact, its what he did. And he's since been busted for DUI AGAIN after that. Jamal Lewis pled guilty and did fed time for conspiracy to distribute cocaine. Every week there's some player getting busted for drug possession or domestic abuse. I stand by my statement if Vick played any other position but quarterback there wouldnt be the resistance to give him a second chance.

Archived