• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First time I ever used a coupon at a restaurant

SCP

This explains EVERYTHING. No wonder. The restaurants where you are being waited on are mostly likely on par with Golden Corral. Now go back to your trailer and think of a less ruhtarded sounding chant than "Who Dat"

First off I don't live in a trailer, we have a BRICK HOUSE. Secondly, as I stated before, we have had bad service, sometimes even worse service at fine dining restaurants. It all depends on the SERVER, NOT what prices you pay for your food and drinks.

One time, we had a waiter at a FINE DINING restaurant that overcharged us $2 on a price. I ordered the "Golden Margarita" EXACTLY from the drink menu. The price on the menu was $10, but when we got our check, it was $12. The thing is, the waiter was a uncaring jerk about it. I showed him, he blamed the menu. He did apologize, but but blaming the menu doesn't show like you mean it. That was our FIRST and ONLY time there even, so we knew the menu BETTER than he did. For a "FINE DINING" restaurant, your server should be doing EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY THING POSSIBLE to ENSURE that you don't get a problem. He was lazy, because he admitted that he didn't compare the menu to the check from his blaming the menu. When the waiter came back, I did a rebuttal by when he came back with it fixed(NO COMP OF COURSE), I said something like "We don't order from the computer to care about that price" and our jerk waiter said "I'd fix it, didn't I." Instead of the 25% tip he would have gotten, he got 11%. He's lucky he got a tip with that lazy ass, uncaring attitude. He is not illiterate or blind and he is a customer that knows that the price ADVERTISED is the ONLY ONE that LEGALLY counts. It seems some servers are too lazy these days to care about your money, but then they want your money, right?

My point is, it was a fine dining restaurant, but the server can be just as bad anywhere. I can go to Denny's even or waffle house at times, get better service than that.

WHY do you feel that it's the type of restaurant that makes the service when that's just not always true and in fact from my experiences, sometimes it's worse or just as bad?

As I said before, the waiter forgot my margarita at a fine dining restaurant before. He didn't even say he was sorry even. That's so mean and then they want your money, right? Wouldn't it be common sense to be NICE? I was nice about it, just asked him if he had my margarita. He just went and got it, didn't say anything. How mean, you know? The bill was close to $300 BEFORE tip. That same waiter took 7-8 minutes for each round of soft drink. I felt like I was at Applebee's or something.

Springs come visit the carolinas and see how much of a better time you'll have when you dine out. We greet our customers with a hello, how are you doing this evening? Not a "WHO DAT"-"O, DATS DA B!TCH THAT LEFT ME 5% YESTERDAY". Your main problem seems like you frequently dine at the same restaurants, and by your posts seems like you have a bit of a s h i t t y reputation amongst the restaurants in the area.

So my main question to you is...Why should a server spend 45 minutes to an hour and a half kissing your ass, when your just going to be an ungrateful blaming little b!tch about the entire service you've received whether good or bad?

BTW, I know what I've said in this post will probably get me an infraction, but frankly idc. As a server I know what it's like to be treated like sh!t from customers and still have to kiss their ass, it's the only way we make money. Quit mooching off your husbands fortunate financial stability, and get a job as a server see if you can handle the prick customers like yourself all the while blaming yourself for any mistake made in a restaurant (slow expos, selfish bartenders and even "inexperienced cooks). Do that for about two months and come back to the huddle, and we will see if your mentality of servers have changed.

On a final thought, if eating out is soo displeasing to you the why waist time and money doing it.

First off I don't live in a trailer, we have a BRICK HOUSE. Secondly, as I stated before, we have had bad service, sometimes even worse service at fine dining restaurants. It all depends on the SERVER, NOT what prices you pay for your food and drinks.

One time, we had a waiter at a FINE DINING restaurant that overcharged us $2 on a price. I ordered the "Golden Margarita" EXACTLY from the drink menu. The price on the menu was $10, but when we got our check, it was $12. The thing is, the waiter was a uncaring jerk about it. I showed him, he blamed the menu. He did apologize, but but blaming the menu doesn't show like you mean it. That was our FIRST and ONLY time there even, so we knew the menu BETTER than he did. For a "FINE DINING" restaurant, your server should be doing EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY THING POSSIBLE to ENSURE that you don't get a problem. He was lazy, because he admitted that he didn't compare the menu to the check from his blaming the menu. When the waiter came back, I did a rebuttal by when he came back with it fixed(NO COMP OF COURSE), I said something like "We don't order from the computer to care about that price" and our jerk waiter said "I'd fix it, didn't I." Instead of the 25% tip he would have gotten, he got 11%. He's lucky he got a tip with that lazy ass, uncaring attitude. He is not illiterate or blind and he is a customer that knows that the price ADVERTISED is the ONLY ONE that LEGALLY counts. It seems some servers are too lazy these days to care about your money, but then they want your money, right?

My point is, it was a fine dining restaurant, but the server can be just as bad anywhere. I can go to Denny's even or waffle house at times, get better service than that.

WHY do you feel that it's the type of restaurant that makes the service when that's just not always true and in fact from my experiences, sometimes it's worse or just as bad?

As I said before, the waiter forgot my margarita at a fine dining restaurant before. He didn't even say he was sorry even. That's so mean and then they want your money, right? Wouldn't it be common sense to be NICE? I was nice about it, just asked him if he had my margarita. He just went and got it, didn't say anything. How mean, you know? The bill was close to $300 BEFORE tip. That same waiter took 7-8 minutes for each round of soft drink. I felt like I was at Applebee's or something.

I learned this new acronym the other day: TL DR

I did read the first line though, so let me correct myself. Your double wide that is attached to the ground. Sorry. I know you guys are real specific down there on differentiating between a single and double wide.

You apparently go into restaurants with the "let's see what I can catch them doing wrong" attitude ... it probably exudes from your pores. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Your main problem seems like you frequently dine at the same restaurants, and by your posts seems like you have a bit of a s h i t t y reputation amongst the restaurants in the area.

NO, I don't have a bad reputation at ANY of the restaurants I frequent. Also, a lot of them, I DO get GOOD service.

So my main question to you is...Why should a server spend 45 minutes to an hour and a half kissing your ass, when your just going to be an ungrateful blaming little b!tch about the entire service you've received whether good or bad?

WHY would I be ungrateful? Do you realize that we have tipped 25%-30% even more at times? How can you say that I would be ungrateful? I think servers should try their best and CARE about their customers, then the money will come.

As a server I know what it's like to be treated like sh!t from customers and still have to kiss their ass, it's the only way we make money.

I am not treating anyone badly. If anything, ***I**** am the person that says to them "THANK YOU" when they forgot something when I was nice about the problem or when they remembered when they got to the table such as "I'll bring you your side of ranch" without me reminding them, they get it, NO FREAKIN SORRY TO SPEAK OF. NOW WHO IS THE MEAN PERSON HERE, HUH? WHO WAS THE **NICER** PERSON HERE, HUH?

I even have apologized for my complicated orders telling them that something like that "I'm sorry it's so much, but I am just a picky eater." I have been NICER to them than they are to me most of the time. WHY? Most of the servers don't even try their best. For example, I had one waitress that I apologized to her for my complicated orders. She came with the ONE appetizer with NO ranch and NO salsa, but before I could remind her, she automatically was like "you ordered ranch and salsa", so I didn't say anything, she went and got it, NO apology, NONE, NONE, NONE!! Do you see that she couldn't have POSSIBLY compared her written order(THAT MEANS THAT SHE DIDN'T TRY HER BEST) to the ONE PLATE of food she was bringing out, because I can see missing ONE, but TWO, NO, I don't see that as she looked over things. Plus, if she was miss forgetful, she could have offered to bring those condiments out ahead of time to avoid that and I honestly think if she would have tried her best by reading her written order over she would have said she was sorry.

That's just a GOOD example of how some servers are UNCARING, LAZY JERKS!!

She messed up on my side of mayo to that she forgot with no apology when the meals came.

So you have NO CLUE OF WTF you are talking about. I am NICE compared to them. Sure, a FEW times I have lost my cool, but only when they have repeatedly messed up without apologies, so it was them that made me lose my cool from them being jerks to me FIRST by not trying their best and by not apologizing.

Quit mooching off your husbands fortunate financial stability, and get a job as a server see if you can handle the prick customers like yourself all the while blaming yourself for any mistake made in a restaurant (slow expos, selfish bartenders and even "inexperienced cooks).

I already work 40hrs a week in an office.

Do that for about two months and come back to the huddle, and we will see if your mentality of servers have changed.

NO, it wouldn't, because I know what I expect when I am a customer. WHY would I feel differently when I am a GO-GETTER, NOT LAZY?

For example, I would not be auctioning off drinks if I were a server. I would write it down as the table looked such as

If the table was situated like this

xx

xx

I would put it like that on my paper.

1. coke 2. dr. pepper

3. diet coke 4. tea w/lemon

I wouldn't be so lazy like some of these lazy servers that ask you again "Who had the coke", WHO had the dr. pepper", etc.

One time, this lazy waitress did this and I was in a party of FOUR. I understand it was very busy, but still, that LOOKS BAD, IT REALLY DOES. It makes the servers look like a lazy idiot.

That's just one example of lazy servers. I know how I would be.

I would also when I would run food to a table that wasn't mine, OFFER refills or anything they would need instead of serve-n-run, because I know as a customer how it feels to be that person that gets their food, something is wrong or you need a refill, your server isn't there and the person that ran the food could give a care less since it's not their money on the line since it's not their table.

I am not lazy. I may not like to cook, but when it comes to jobs, I am not lazy at all. If anything, back in 1998 when I worked at a donut shop/diner, this was my first job even, I got a raise from $5.15/hr was minimum wage back then, up to $5.50 within a month and a half. Most people can't say they have done that so quickly at a first job at a place that is similar to fast food, but I did.

I would do everything to ensure the customers would get what they need. You don't seem to be that way with your attitude.

if eating out is soo displeasing to you the why waist time and money doing it

It's not displeasing, sometimes the servers are. I can't control them, can I?

You apparently go into restaurants with the "let's see what I can catch them doing wrong" attitude ... it probably exudes from your pores. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

NO, the things they do wrong come to me. I HOPE that they do a PERFECT job or just about perfect.

I don't hope for the worst. I am sooo happy when they do well. The money isn't the issue, its' the experience.

I learned this new acronym the other day: TL DR

I did read the first line though, so let me correct myself. Your double wide that is attached to the ground. Sorry. I know you guys are real specific down there on differentiating between a single and double wide.

We really do have a BRICK HOUSE in a subdivision, not a trailer park.

Do you honestly think we'd go out to eat this often if we didn't have a house?

I even have apologized for my complicated orders telling them that something like that "I'm sorry it's so much, but I am just a picky eater." I have been NICER to them than they are to me most of the time. WHY? Most of the servers don't even try their best. For example, I had one waitress that I apologized to her for my complicated orders. She came with the ONE appetizer with NO ranch and NO salsa, but before I could remind her, she automatically was like "you ordered ranch and salsa", so I didn't say anything, she went and got it, NO apology, NONE, NONE, NONE!! Do you see that she couldn't have POSSIBLY compared her written order(THAT MEANS THAT SHE DIDN'T TRY HER BEST) to the ONE PLATE of food she was bringing out, because I can see missing ONE, but TWO, NO, I don't see that as she looked over things. Plus, if she was miss forgetful, she could have offered to bring those condiments out ahead of time to avoid that and I honestly think if she would have tried her best by reading her written order over she would have said she was sorry.I?

A)Order off the menu or stay the fug at home. If it's allergy related...awesome.

B) You would like Ranch

I would do everything to ensure the customers would get what they need. You don't seem to be that way with your attitude.

I made $96 in a little over 3 hours tonight at an applebee's, my personality and "attitude" outsiide of work doesn't coexist with my personality as a server. Obviously my customers enjoy their experience if I rarely see a tip less than 30%.

And btw, why is it soooo important for your server to apologize over minor things like condiments (if they're that important to you, carry extras in your purse. Its just an arms length away.)

For example, I would not be auctioning off drinks if I were a server. I would write it down as the table looked such as

If the table was situated like this

xx

xx

I would put it like that on my paper.

1. coke 2. dr. pepper

3. diet coke 4. tea w/lemon

I wouldn't be so lazy like some of these lazy servers that ask you again "Who had the coke", WHO had the dr. pepper", etc.

One time, this lazy waitress did this and I was in a party of FOUR. I understand it was very busy, but still, that LOOKS BAD, IT REALLY DOES. It makes the servers look like a lazy idiot.

That's just one example of lazy servers. I know how I would be.

I would also when I would run food to a table that wasn't mine, OFFER refills or anything they would need instead of serve-n-run, because I know as a customer how it feels to be that person that gets their food, something is wrong or you need a refill, your server isn't there and the person that ran the food could give a care less since it's not their money on the line since it's not their table.

It's not displeasing, sometimes the servers are. I can't control them, can I?

First off, those positions are too general. You need to be pointing out where the kitchen is. all your seat numbers depend on where your back is in relation to the kitchen :)

Obviously you are going to pooty restaurants b/c the first thing you are taught as a server OR food runner is to not auction off food. They use the phrase "We are not a Golden Corral", so this reaffirms my suspicions that you are going to cheap low class restaurants.

Good servers remember who had what drink with a table of 4 without having to write it down. I smoke pot and I can still have the short term memory ability to remember which one person out of 4 had a dr. pepper.

also, offering refills to other tables that aren't yours. that's like the 5th thing you learn as a server. once again, you are going to pooty restaurants.

I would do everything to ensure the customers would get what they need.

thanks captain obvious for defining the purpose of a server.

Does anyone else agree that this is just too easy? I mean, wayyy too easy.

Archived