• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest fron Gantt's blog.

carpanfan96

hings will probably be slow for the next 15 hours or so, but the pace expects to pick up tomorrow. Today's big news was that backup LB Landon Johnson's going to take a pay cut, hardly surprising after the $10 million contract they signed him to last offseason bought them seven tackles.

But with a little time before the dominoes start falling, you can't help but wonder about a few things. Let me be clear, these are all purely hypothetical, just a little grist for the mill before things start shaking:

-- Would you tell Moose thanks for the memories?

WR Muhsin Muhammad played well last year (65-923-5), and his blocking helped them set a franchise record in the run game. But he'll turn 36 in May, and he'd be cheap enough to cut ($250k in dead money, saving $2 million in base and roster bonus).

As much goodwill as he generated in his comeback, would you let him go for a shot at Torry Holt, who figures to be an ex-Ram soon? Holt started pining for a chance to come here a year ago, when his brother was on the roster. Seems like a tantalizing option. Holt's going to be 33 in June, and has the better receiving resume.

For the rest

this would be very interesting...i no mcnabb has said he wont resign with philly unless they upgrade...now i no he prolly means on the offensive side of the ball, but getting Pep would definitly be an upgrade...if we were to get Lito an our 1st, then i guess thats bye bye to lucas...i wonder if they'd throw in a 4th round pick

If Peppers & Lucas are not on the books and Jake is extended.

F/A $$$

Then why not sign Holt as a #2 and keep Moose as a #3 to mentor Jarrett at#4 and let Moose decide when he retires

Mm, makes wonder what Lito's cap hit is for this season. Yea we would have quite a bit of money to spend somewhere. I don't want Haynesworth now that he's wanting 100 million over 6 years at 16 million a season. Screw that, that' like 3 mid tier guys.

Archived