• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Life on Mars

Darth Biscuit

OK, we've talked about this show in the Heroes and 24 thread a little, but I think it deserves it's own thread... I think that this is the best show on TV right now. Interesting storyline, a little sci-fi/a little cop show. Interesting characters and good actors.

Gretchen Mol, Laura Benanti and Maggie Siff are hot (plus they have non-regular hotties on the show).

I don't know... there's just something about it I like.

What's with Sam getting info thru the TV's?

Where do you see the show going? It could have 'Gilligan's Island' syndrome, in that if he gets back to 2008, it's over... so they have to be careful how they proceed.

Last night was good. If any of it is really happening, he changed the future/present.

Not sure why he is getting help thru the TV. But it is starting to look like a government experiment. This is a remake of a British show, same title. Not sure if I want to find out anything from that.

The premise has great potential, but writing is underwhelming. I've given up on it.

Before I did, I looked up the British show and read some articles about the American version. According to my reading, after the first episode, the plot lines changed pretty drastically for the American version compared to the Brits. Also, this show started off with one set of actors who were replaced after production started (supporting roles). I like all the current actors on the show, but it disappoints me because it keeps taking that strange left turn I associate with Brit humour and then fails to deliver on it. That's just me though, y'all enjoy. I wish BBC America would air the British version, I think I would like that one.

Yeah, it did start a little slow, but it has gotten better as the season has gone along. And since the hiatus it has really been good, I guess they were just making sure they would be picked up for the rest of the season. I just hope enough people are watching to keep it on for another year. But sometimes that doesn't matter. Pushing Daisies got 2 seasons(I think the writers strike hurt it) but didn't finish the second. Still pissed about that! :mad5:

Yeah, I gave up long ago worrying if the shows I liked will get cancelled or not... as they usually do. I think the thing I like most about this show is that it's a main stream, well made TV show, but it's not afraid to take risks with the plot with the SciFi content... we can probably thank shows like 'Lost' and the first season of 'Heroes' for that.

The premise has great potential, but writing is underwhelming. I've given up on it.

It does have a great premise but they do f*ck it up with the absolutely piss poor attempts at humor. If they kept it like a straight drama or the humor was actually funny I'd like it more. The first episode was the best one IMO and it's been a roller coaster ride as far as the quality of the show since then.

To be fair I haven't been a fan of the "Big" network TV shows since Cheers went off the air. Shows like this and Lost are decent shows I suppose but they seem watered down to me. On the other hand I've been huge fans of shows like The Sopranos and Deadwood (although Deadwood really nosedived after a while).

Archived