• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What about Cam will revolutionize the game?

SorthNarolina

Sanchez is far from a great Qb in the NFL. His first 2 years he completed barely over half his passes (54%) with a 6.6 average. He has thrown more interceptions than TDs (33 versus 29) and has a passer rating of 70.

Stafford isn't any better. He has started 13 games in his first 2 years and has completed 54% of his passes for a palty 5.9 yards a throw. He has thrown 21 Ints versus 19 TDs and has a passer rating of 67.

That is a bar I suspect Newton will reach.

And they were both better passers coming out of college than Newton, which is what the question was.

So was Bradford.

And in my personal opinion that I don't think others will share is that Locker is as well.

And they were both better passers coming out of college than Newton, which is what the question was.

So was Bradford.

And in my personal opinion that I don't think others will share is that Locker is as well.

question was better passers heading into the NFL.....not better college stats. There is a difference. Dink and dunkers in college can compile some HUGE college stats.....doesn't mean there skill set makes them better passers heading into the NFL (and what it requires in most offenses).

If Sanchez was the passer coming out you imply he was......the results in the NFL would be different. More about skill set than stats. Plus, Sanchez played at USC.....and everything about that offense has made everyone coming out of it overrated.

I posted this in the other Cam thread:

Aside from that, I think it's a safe comparison to make, as far as Cam and Freeman... or Cam and Big Ben. Those are the two players I think he most closely translates too as far as passers coming out of college - but he is clearly the best athlete of them all and that's where he may separate himself in terms of "revolutionizing" the game. He has more gamebreaking ability in his game from top to bottom coming into the league...

With that being said, I think he combines elements of guys like Freeman, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger, and perhaps a little bit of Vick.

He compares as far as physical stature with guys like Freeman, Roethlisberger, and a few others, but his ability to break a play open is the difference (at least from what we saw in college and by his measurables at the combine).

@CRA

I don't mean to be rude but I didn't mention stats and I didn't say in college, I said coming OUT of college which is the same as heading into the NFL.

Cam was a Dink and Dunker with a big shot over the top to a wide open guy occasionally.

Sanchez is still young, hasn't been asked to do a lot yet, and has been playing under great expectations.

You can have your opinion be whatever you want, but in my opinion, Sanchez was the better passer coming out of college, not based on stats.

@CRA

I don't mean to be rude but I didn't mention stats and I didn't say in college, I said coming OUT of college which is the same as heading into the NFL.

Cam was a Dink and Dunker with a big shot over the top to a wide open guy occasionally.

Sanchez is still young, hasn't been asked to do a lot yet, and has been playing under great expectations.

You can have your opinion be whatever you want, but in my opinion, Sanchez was the better passer coming out of college, not based on stats.

hey man, my panties don't get ruffled around here....I like people with opposing views. Nothing is more boring than a board where we all agree.

I still think if Sanchez WAS this passer heading into the NFL....then the results would support that. They haven't. Pete didn't think he was in the group heading into the NFL you are placing him in.

I mean who in the Pete Carroll era was what we thought they were? Pete ran a great college program.....his players are just about all overrated on offense.

and don't get me wrong, I think Sanchez can be a good QB in the right offense. He reminds me of a more athletic Jake (pre Tommy John). Sanchez ain't good but is willing to take calcualated gambles that often pay off.....

I respectfully disagree with nearly everything you just wrote.

Are you saying that if Cam doesn't come out and play amazing both with his legs and arm THIS season, he is overrated and not that good to begin with?

I just want to make sure we have the premise for your argument correct

I respectfully disagree with nearly everything you just wrote.

Are you saying that if Cam doesn't come out and play amazing both with his legs and arm THIS season, he is overrated and not that good to begin with?

I just want to make sure we have the premise for your argument correct

No.

I think Cam will come out and show why he was drafted #1 overall. I expect tons of bad play but the good/promise to come with it.

my arguement is only Cam isn't significantly behind the other QBs in terms of ability as a passer heading into the NFL that have come out in 2010 and 2011. His skill set is better suited for the next level than many of them (and that includes as a passer).

Cue the SEC is like the NFL

One thing I'll never understand is why we as Panther fans want to bash other QBs who have had moderate success in the NFL in hopes of making the QB we already drafted look better.

If anything it only sets us up for disappointment by being too optimistic. We are trying to convince ourselves that Cam was better than all of them in college and will automatically be better than all of them in the pros when we really need patience with him.

Knocking other guys or making comparisons to some really great QBs before he plays a down is likely going to lead to disappointment.

my arguement is only Cam isn't significantly behind the other QBs in terms of ability as a passer heading into the NFL that have come out in 2010 and 2011. His skill set is better suited for the next level than many of them (and that includes as a passer).

If by skill set you mean height and speed I agree.

If you mean skill set in terms of actual skills related to being a passer, I disagree wholeheartedly.

If by skill set you mean height and speed I agree.

If you mean skill set in terms of actual skills related to being a passer, I disagree wholeheartedly.

pocket presense, size, speed , throwing motion, arm strength......I would argue Cam averages out better in those categories than most that have come out.

Cam needs to work on accuracy and the mental aspects of the position.

Cue the SEC is like the NFL

One thing I'll never understand is why we as Panther fans want to bash other QBs who have had moderate success in the NFL in hopes of making the QB we already drafted look better.

If anything it only sets us up for disappointment by being too optimistic. We are trying to convince ourselves that Cam was better than all of them in college and will automatically be better than all of them in the pros when we really need patience with him.

Knocking other guys or making comparisons to some really great QBs before he plays a down is likely going to lead to disappointment.

Never said Cam was better than them....just saying those guys are signifcantly ahead in that department heading into the league.

Archived