• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins sign 3rd free agent

slumdogmillionaire

Spend no money or spend money foolishly?

I don't know that there's a huge difference between those two. Tends to get the same result, although I suppose scenario two lends some excitement to the offseason.

(just doesn't do much for the postseason)

:iamwithstupid: I like the way we do business the smart way.

Hey jealousy, hey jealousy. :lol:

Who cares? What do they do with their perennial big splash free agent signings? Sit at home in January/February...

What you do see are the big splashes. What you don't see are the mid level workers they have to release for low level workers to fall into the cap space. Sure, it makes good headlines in FA days but they lose the support players it takes to make a winner, IMHO...

Just out of curiosity how do the REDSKINS have more cap room than us?

What the bloody hell have we been doing?

they have the 14th highest payroll in the nfl and much of these contracts are dead money that will never been seen.

haynesworth's deal, for example, is really like 42 mil over 4 years.

According to the NFL Network the Redskins have signed OG Derrick Dockery to a 5 yr 26.5 million contract with 8.5 million guaranteed. People can make fun of Snyder and the Skins all they want but somehow they find the cap room other teams don't. Every year people think they are strapped for cash and cap room and then they still sign all kinds of free agents. The media pundits were saying if they signed Haynesworth there's no way they can sign Hall or get an offensive lineman....well they did all of the above. I love an owner that will find every way possible to improve the team (even though it doesn't work) instead of one that sits on his cash.

Redskins = Yankees, and still suck after spending all that money

Archived