• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we end up keeping Peppers one more year...

Boston

The more I go over the game tape in my head :smilewinkgrin: I think Peps biggest problem is he lacks technique. All the guys we mention as being elite D-linemen had at least one strong weapon, either a strong club, rip, swim, or spin. LT had it all...

Pep seems to engage and try to push his way to the ball, this often stands him up and he appears to quit, also leads to him getting held a lot. Eh what do I know, anyone ever remember seeing Pep make an awesome move and leave a tackle grasping for air?

That's his weakness, Usually all you see him do is bull rush attempts or speed rushes to get by, you usually don't see him use any moves like the spin or swim.

by tagging him we are just prolonging the inevitable if we can't offload him. if we don't trade him well we just spent over 10% of this year's salary cap on someone who has little chance of a future here with his desires to play elsewhere. And next year might spur the exact same result this year almost did. Peppers leaves and we get no compensation.

No time like the present. I'd rather get the high picks to select a fresh young player who actually wants to play on our team than someone who's already in the midst of his prime and made it public knowledge he wants to leave, and is scheduled to be a free agent anyway come next February.

I disagree hell there have been alot of players that have said that they will never play again for there team but end up going right back and being happy. We have a new DC and New line coach. So its quite possible they they keep Pep and hope to change his mind. Besides there is not even an AVG starting DE on the market right now nor a good 4-3 DE in the draft.

I disagree hell there have been alot of players that have said that they will never play again for there team but end up going right back and being happy.

This is true. Briggs and Darius are examples of that. HOWEVER....did they turn down the highest contracts ever offered to a defensive player prior to the year they were franchised? AND...both of those guys are much more outspoken publicly than Pep. That is why I believe Pep doesn't really want to stay...he isn't one to just spout off randomly to the media.

Archived