• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Franchise Tag

rko396

Yea ive read that last part in many posts but basically what that is saying is "If not 2 first rounders, then you can trade him for anything" so that means its JUST like being traded any other time. there seems to be absolutly NO difference between trading a tagged player and anyone else

There isn't if the player is traded he's traded. All the tag does is protect a player that isn't under contract from being poached with no compensation.

I've seen that take too.

I do think it's possible that the old "future considerations" thing may have played in here (though unspoken).

If you've read any of my recent posts on the subject I've been all over the place trying to figure it out, and the deal among friends was my first take.... But sharks don't work like that, and these guys are a couple of Makos.

The telling thing is apparently the Chiefs didn't have a deal in place with Cassel. We'll know soon enough when they release details, but if he does indeed play under the tag, old BB stuck it to his buddy pretty good.

If you've read any of my recent posts on the subject I've been all over the place trying to figure it out, and the deal among friends was my first take.... But sharks don't work like that, and these guys are a couple of Makos.

The telling thing is apparently the Chiefs didn't have a deal in place with Cassel. We'll know soon enough when they release details, but if he does indeed play under the tag, old BB stuck it to his buddy pretty good.

It's valid as a possible read. Belichick is known to be fairly machiavellian, and as such isn't fond of "disloyalty" like McDaniels leaving or Pioli moving on. (See also: Mangini, Eric). In fairness, he mightnot be as pissy about it as the Bucs, or he might just be better at keeping it quiet.

Likewise, Pioli's little stunt of telling everyone in his hometown not to talk about him when a KC paper was doing a puff piece about his hiring makes me think the guy's as paranoid and controlling as they come.

I think who stuck it to who will play out as we see how healthy Brady is this year and whether or not Matt Cassel truly is the second coming of Scott Mitchell.

Archived