• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WTFISUP with NASCAR...

ThaJackal

Watched a bit of the race in New Hampshire today and there were a lot of empty seats. I haven't watched a lot of races this year but this is a bit surprising. What is the future for NASCAR? My job is distantly related to it and the dwindling crowds are a bit concerning.

Watched a bit of the race in New Hampshire today and there were a lot of empty seats. I haven't watched a lot of races this year but this is a bit surprising. What is the future for NASCAR? My job is distantly related to it and the dwindling crowds are a bit concerning.

Alienating the die-hard fanbases that watched and lived the sport while it was in its infancy and moving those races to tracks where people just don't care (see NHL.)

IMO, that's the core issue, but blame can also be placed on the economy and so much coverage of the sport now that there's no need to go to a race (see NFL) when you could be in the comfort of your own home and able to take that glorious 3-hour mid-race nap.

Yesterday was nationwide series, todays cup crowd looks pretty full.

And jim, basic cable doesnt cost $75, and tickets are cheaper than any time i can remember.

People bitched about the cup guys running all the nationwide races, but guess what? The ratings have fallen off since a lot of the cup guys started staying in the top series.

I'll tell you what's wrong with NASCAR... it sucks. Spoiled whiny drivers... shitty cars that are all exactly alike... boring tracks and most of all, the chase has ruined it. They no longer race to win, but they race not to crash.

I was big into NASCAR in the late 90s, but it's gotten so bad that I can't even watch... they have completely lost me as a fan.

They dont race to win? Youtube the last laps of michigan this year. If you cant bear to watch what are you basing your opinion on?

I watch enough every now and then to have an opinion, but I watch less and less and lately, really not at all.

Compared to NASCAR 10 years ago, today's racing sucks... you don't have to agree with me.

I hated the CoT with a passion at first, but last year they lost that stupid wing and went back to the spoiler, and this year they axed the ugly ass splitter and cleaned up the front end. Also the crews are figuring them out finally along with nascar tweaking the rules, they arent IROC cars anymore.

Theres been some good racing this year, with a few exceptions. Hell im even enjoying louden, which is pretty rare.

I watch enough every now and then to have an opinion, but I watch less and less and lately, really not at all.

Compared to NASCAR 10 years ago, today's racing sucks... you don't have to agree with me.

Interestingly they were talking about a race in 2000 where Jeff Burton won led every lap because passing was impossible. There were some terrible races back then.

I didn't think today's race was all that bad.

Last weeks was one of the worst ever.

I haven't seen any offical figures but I think last year was the rock bottom for attendence.

charlotte vegas and Brickyard are three tracks I recall being empty last year and much fuller this year.

I barely noticed the fans today

I haven't seen any offical figures but I think last year was the rock bottom for attendence.

charlotte vegas and Brickyard are three tracks I recall being empty last year and much fuller this year.

I barely noticed the fans today

Sure there's always bad races just like in other sports... I think the most telling thing is the lack of attendance and low TV ratings.

That race (Talledega?) where they were doing that two car drafting was horrible.

Archived