• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

the ultimate hypothetical thread

bLACKpANTHER

There is always some Draftee or FA that gets pick up that everyone either had counted him out or was unheard of, that comes in and helps his team. We got a pleasant surprise last year in Brayton (who played far better then I thought he would). I think our biggest pickup has already happened and that is the signing of Meeks. I think if nothing else he brings in a breath of fresh air (because the Turd was a stinkin'). But he has historically taken a D of average talent and gotten them to overachieve and I just hope he can do the same with us.

I agree. I was refering to the comments that trading Pep for Cutler would be irresponsible because that would supposedly be "neglecting" the defense.

And Jake pretty much was that guy most of the year...the 150-250 yards and no turnovers guy.

I don't buy into the one player wins or loses games thing anyway. Sure the D and the fact the Raiders O sucked bailed Jake out 100% that day....no argument from me. But if you are looking for a team where you have a QB that doesn't have a couple sh*tty games a year you ain't gonna find it.

If a QB turns the ball over 4 or more times you ain't gonna win (barring a miracle). So you could say they lost you the game, that my opinion anyway.

You are entitled to your opinion on the one player losing the game of course. We just don't agree. Do you think Kasay lost them the NYG game? Had he kicked that FG they would have won the game, but he missed it. Me? I don't, I blame the defense as a whole almost 100% for that loss.

Let me ask you though, do you think they won more games or were competitive in more games because of their offense or their defense last year?

Here is my big issue with FOX AND JAKE:

Take the 2007 season for the prime example.

Our line stunk and fox conitnued to go with the conservative play calling.

Foster sucked ! He had more fumbles then TD'S. Meanwhile we had our #1 draft pick Williams as the 3rd down back. (Which he did very well).

So when you hit the 4 loss mark, you need to change up you plan. It was obvious that the run the ball , control the clock, field position strategy was not working with the personell that we had. No matter what players we had in there Delhomme, Carr, Vinnie same game strategy every damn week. I got so sick of Fox content with the way things were at the end of the 2nd quarter. If we got the ball back with 1:45 before half and the first play did not result in more then 7 yards....oh well lets sit on and move on to third quarter. I want a coach that tries to put as many points as possible on the board-period.

So now the 2008 season:

Fox has his QB back and his running game back. What is our boggest problem still? Scoring. If we are down by 17 points at half time our fans will leave the stadium, and why shouldnt they? We can not over come points like that with only two quarters of time. With Jake as qb he has Smith...if that not working we have nothing. We kept hearing all during the cards game how steve smith has been shut down. Ok??!! Well we have Moose, Jarrett, Hackett, Willams out of the backfeild...Jake cant get it to any of them. Smith is clearly FAR BETTER then all our other recievers we had, and the other recievers are not as talented Smith in that they can pull down miricle passes that should not have been thown in the first place.

Moral of the story ....we cant come back from a 14 point defecit because we have no passing game with Fox and Jake. Thw upper management needs to take contol here and tell Fox Jake needs to take a back seat to this guy we are bringing in.

My ultimate hypothetical has us sending Lucas and McCown to Cleveland with our 3rd round pick for Shaun Rodgers and Derek Anderson, both of whom restructure for more cap friendly numbers. Peppers is happy there's another serious threat on the DL and signs his long term deal. Now the only real hole is CB and OL depth. Draft a CB with the 2nd round pick and fill in with mid level FA's and day 2 picks for depth.

Archived