• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Worst Tipping Celebrities.

Floppin

No offense to any one waiting tables but I didnt come to the resturant to have a meal with you. The more I have to stop talking to the person/people I'm eating with to talk to you the lower your tip is going to be. But of course its a fine line because if I ever have to wonder where you went it'll cost you.

This is the south.

Its more the people talking to me and keeping me from getting to my other tables than me giving a poo and actually wanting to hold a conversation with them.

Ive even had people ask me to take a break and sit down with them.

Point is, these people are handling your food. In my experience, it's the poorer more ignorant people that come to nice restaurants, put the waitstaff through their paces, and then don't tip shiz. The people with money are usually polite and tip well. Generalizing for sure, but I think it's pretty true.

But this is about celebrities who don't tip. They probably don't tip because they think they are better than other people, naturally.

Poor people/trashy people and well off people usually tip the worst. It's people of average means that usually tip the best.

Point is, these people are handling your food. In my experience, it's the poorer more ignorant people that come to nice restaurants, put the waitstaff through their paces, and then don't tip shiz. The people with money are usually polite and tip well. Generalizing for sure, but I think it's pretty true.

But this is about celebrities who don't tip. They probably don't tip because they think they are better than other people, naturally.

Looking at that list of celebs how many were poor before and now can afford nicer things. Just because their class changed doesn't mean their tipping habits have.

I've been out 5 1/2 years...I still have "in the weeds" dreams...it's rare..but it still happens

I've been out...um...23 years...(damn!) and I still have them from time to time.

I've been out 5 1/2 years...I still have "in the weeds" dreams...it's rare..but it still happens

I have the ones where you don't know what you are doing, you have forgotten how to do it and you don't know your section and people are filling up the restaurant fast and things start to get behind ughhh.

always wake up sooo happy I don't wait tables anymore.

But the money! The Ca$h!!!

I worked as a ski/snowboard instructor for 12 years on Beech Mountain. I worked in the Youth Learning center. Our classes were 6 hrs long and we had to serve our students lunch. I had a class of 28 four year olds once by myself. We made minimum wage without tips. I averaged about 10 bucks a kid in tips, but there were always the jerks. Some people would watch other people hand you money then just say thank you and not give you any. My favorite were the people who claimed their wallets were in their locker and that they would come back and tip me then never show up again. I did get a few $100 dollar tips though. Some people really appreciated their kids having a good time.

Know a girl who worked at Sullivans, and I can vouch for this claim on MJ.

Heard he isn't a good tipper. The story I heard was he had a dinner event and left like $150 on a 5K check.

I waited on Jonathon Stewart like 2 years ago and he left me $1 on a $20 check. meh.

Waiter worked for a couple of hours waiting on MJ and made $150. More than he/she is probably worth.

Just because someone drops $5k on a dinner does NOT mean that the waiter/waitress there should be pulling down $1k (20%) for his/her 2-3 hours of work.

Tipping should be tied to the service performed....not the value of the tip.

I often tip 40-50% if it is on a small tab. But, only 10% if the tab is over $300 bucks.

Archived