• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rangers @ Canes

Ncstatefan

New York Rangers (34-24-8) vs Carolina (35-27-5)

7:00 PM EST Versus

Scott Walker bobble head night.

EDIT: The Canes are now in the 9th spot after some wins yesterday; 1 point away from 7th/8th, thanks merch. This is a nationally televised battle for the eastern conference playoffs. The Ruutu - Staal - Cole line combined for 15 points last game and look to continue their domination tonight.

The Rangers are coming off a win against Boston.

Ward will be in net for the Canes while Lundqvist will be in for the Rangers.

I predict Canes win 4-2.

I will be in section 334.

Hey I just looked up the standings. After yesterdays wins we now sit 9th. one point away from 8th and 7th and 2 points out of 6th and 5th. If we keep winning the skies the limits. One game at a time I know, but after watching the stars get beat by the canadiens in dallas yesterday this road trip upcomming does not look quite as scary

great final 2 periods, canes were a little shaky in the beginning but pulled it together as the game went on. great win

also, avery is such a douche

Oh that has to be understatement of the year. Can't stand that guy.

On a more positive note, the Canes played great. The only part of the game where they were really out done was the first half of the first period. However, they played pretty well on the back check. It was just getting the passing game going that took a bit.

Even though our PP didn't produce any goals on the first few attempts, they looked pretty good, and got some good scoring chances in all of them. Rangers PK was pretty phenomenal last night. But, great game for Ward and the defense. Can't complain about a shutout.

Oh that has to be understatement of the year. Can't stand that guy.

On a more positive note, the Canes played great. The only part of the game where they were really out done was the first half of the first period. However, they played pretty well on the back check. It was just getting the passing game going that took a bit.

Even though our PP didn't produce any goals on the first few attempts, they looked pretty good, and got some good scoring chances in all of them. Rangers PK was pretty phenomenal last night. But, great game for Ward and the defense. Can't complain about a shutout.

yeah i was up in the cheap seats and every time we got it past the blue line on the power play people started yelling "shoot it" and I can't stand that poo. Honestly, I dislike the casual hockey fan.

I was impressed by the effort all night, some great forechecking by Staal and Cole gave us some opportunities but they couldn't capitalize on them.

Also how many times did the NYR turn the puck over in our zone on the blue line and have it lead to a breakaway (or near breakaway chance) for us? I couldn't believe it.

Forgot to mention that I wish Staal had scored. He played great last night and got a lot of opportunities, but couldn't find the back of the net.

Archived