• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

most overrated panther

panther4life

Overrated means people are praising a player way TOO MUCH. Carr didn't get any of this or most of the other players mentioned in this thread. Delhomme wins in a landslide.

I agree on Carr...plus I do not even consider him a Panther. he barely left a mark here.

I don't think joke gets talked about confidence-wise per say though so he really can't be over-rated either. The talk swirling about Jake is always "serviceable" or "good enough".

Now this realty makes our team look pretty stupid in my opinion and there are some fans that do not think he is even serviceable or good enough any longer, so in that regard he IS overrated here.

So I guess it is possible that Jake is over-rated if in fact a person that fails at living up to the most mediocre of standards can be considered "over-rated"

Uhhhh, the date was 2007.

DUHHHH !

He still had the same amount of concussions then and was basically at where he is right now. Which is not with the Panthers. Just go back and watch his game films, then you will know what we are talking about.

Not an assertion, just an observation from people I live and work with living on the opposite coast (from all over basically). Not my opinion at all, sir. I like Jake but as of late his abilities have to be in question. I called for open competition a month ago.

I'm not saying anything, he's average to me, has been for years and well documented on here my saying that. But I am saying that other team's peoples perception of him on this side of the pond are pretty damn good. I deal with Redskins, Steelers and Patriot fans for the main part, but that is pretty much the cream of the crop these days...

Dang the evidence just goes on and on:

"Who are the most overated NFL players?

LB/DL Too many to name, Warren Sapp, Michael Strehan, Mario Williams, Dan Morgan, Ray Lewis (He was the benefit, of a great D-Line eating blockers, lost the line, lost his dominance), The list goes on. I guess to be a hyped defensive player you only need 1 good season."

http://www.nokiasugarbowl.com/Football_Knowledge/Football_Player/37695.html

Dang the evidence just goes on and on:

"Who are the most overated NFL players?

LB/DL Too many to name, Warren Sapp, Michael Strehan, Mario Williams, Dan Morgan, Ray Lewis (He was the benefit, of a great D-Line eating blockers, lost the line, lost his dominance), The list goes on. I guess to be a hyped defensive player you only need 1 good season."

http://www.nokiasugarbowl.com/Football_Knowledge/Football_Player/37695.html

Well I guess that settles it then...:rolleyes:

We are referring to his actual actions on the field, not how many times he showed up for school. :rolleyes:

The guy played like a well-trained animal.

That playing like a "well-trained animal" didn't lead to many tackles, sacks, or any other stat. He averaged 6.5 tackles a game. Beason is averaging over 8.5 tackles a game in only his first 2 seasons. Beason will most likely pass Morgan in career tackles next year barring injury in close to a full season less of played games. Look at any 4-3 mlber that is considered "one of the best" and I promise they are going to average more than 6.5 tackles a game. Morgan simply was not as good as alot of people seem to recall.

That playing like a "well-trained animal" didn't lead to many tackles, sacks, or any other stat. He averaged 6.5 tackles a game. Beason is averaging over 8.5 tackles a game in only his first 2 seasons. Beason will most likely pass Morgan in career tackles next year barring injury in close to a full season less of played games. Look at any 4-3 mlber that is considered "one of the best" and I promise they are going to average more than 6.5 tackles a game. Morgan simply was not as good as alot of people seem to recall.

Sorry I missed my post where I said Morgan was better than Beason. Could you please refresh my screen?

Archived