• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes @ Blackhawks

Ncstatefan

Chicago Blackhawks (36-19-9) vs Carolina (36-27-5)

8:30 PM EST FSC

Carolina coming off their 5th win in a row, and a shutout none the less, against the Rangers are facing off against a western conference playoff team while the Canes sit at 8th in the east. Ward and the Staal line have been great as of late.

Get ready to see Patrick Kane and Toews along with an old friend Ladd as Ruutu faces off against his old team.

Ward will be in net for Canes

Prediction:

4-2 Canes win

is it just me, or is Cam Ward horrible in shoot outs?

he was starting to do better, he shut out all three players in the last one and was pretty decent in the one before. But yea generally speaking he hasn't been too good at it. That being said, he was the reason we even got to that shootout. He made some freaking amazing saves down the stretch to keep it close.

If you noticed in the shootout, minus the first shot that went five-hole, Cam knew where each shot was going and he played them all great he just missed the puck. The fact that we came out of this game with one point is a big step forward for this team. 6 weeks ago this was a game that the canes stood no chance to be in. They are playing much different hockey this time of the year and its going to make the difference come playoff time. Great game tonight guys. Just make sure you punish Dallas tomorrow night.

he was starting to do better, he shut out all three players in the last one and was pretty decent in the one before. But yea generally speaking he hasn't been too good at it. That being said, he was the reason we even got to that shootout. He made some freaking amazing saves down the stretch to keep it close.

I completely agree with you, I was just noticing, besides the 2 shootouts before this, he seems to have trouble. I'm not arguing that he isn't a great game goalie, I just noticed he seems to struggle in shootouts.

Archived