• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With our secondary as it has been...

Kurb

Man.........ya'll almost got me fearing this team. We are talking about the 8-5 Broncos, right? The same Broncos who are 3-2 in their own hapless division. The same Broncos who are 1-2 against the AFC East? The same Broncos defense that has given up 25 or more points 7 times this season. We are talking about the same team ....right?

Man.........ya'll almost got me fearing this team. We are talking about the 8-5 Broncos, right? The same Broncos who are 3-2 in their own hapless division. The same Broncos who are 1-2 against the AFC East? The same Broncos defense that has given up 25 or more points 7 times this season. We are talking about the same team ....right?

The same team that's beaten two of the three teams that have beaten us...

I think the 1st Tampa game and the Arizona game really exposed the weakness in our secondary and every team since has employeed a similar offensive gameplan to attack that weakness. The problem now is that this gameplan takes a lot of time off the clock and still isn't very successful agaisnt in the redzone. This is why it's so important for the Panthers to score early and often, and thats TD's not FG's.

Forcing a team to have to open up the offense in the second half plays to the strength of this defense. I've always agreed with Fox on the whole "winning the time of possesion" idea but with the way the defense is built it actually would make more sense to lose the TOP and have more quick scores early in the game to force a change in the offensive gameplan.

The same Broncos that are 3-0 against the NFC South. I'm scared shitless over this game. Coming off a Monday night emotional huge game, lots of hype for the Panthers and Giants next week, passing attacks killing us. The only thing we've got going for us in this game is the run game match up. If Shanahan knows what he's doing he'll put 8 in the box all day and force Jake to put it in Smiths hands. He'll also have Champ on Smith who is as good or better than Asomugha. We could be severely fuged here unless Denver comes out and lays an egg.

The fact is though our offense can run the ball on Denver. Controlling the clock and limiting the time they have the ball is gonna be huge.

Ding ding ding! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Panther fans should be prepared for a shootout. I'm really glad that this game will be at home. Hopefully the home crowd will understand how important it will be to win and thus keep the heat on Denver's offense.

I may even drive down and try to nab a ticket.

Archived