• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 safeties and 3 corners...

Stumpy

Merriweather doesn't fit the Panther's with his character, but his talent is undeniable.

Pats just must have gotten tired from the bad press from his off field issues or something.

What off field issues? (not sarcastic) If he's gotten in trouble since he's been in the NFL, I must have missed it.

a little late for a safety to corner conversion project, imo. If that was the case, we should have done that a month ago, not a week before opening day. I expect we'll sign an actual corner, hopefully 2.

I agree, but it wouldn't be that hard of conversion for Martin...he played CB in college and for a few weeks with us during his rookie year. Going from Safety to CB is alot easier than going from QB to WR

I agree, but it wouldn't be that hard of conversion for Martin...he played CB in college and for a few weeks with us during his rookie year. Going from Safety to CB is alot easier than going from QB to WR

Martin a solid safety though, moving him just opens up another hole. And who knows how effective he will be as a corner... Not sure I like this move.

Sherrod may be a solid safety...but I still see no reason why we shouldn't target Meriweather...this is a pro bowler we're talking about that would probably come at a bigger bargain now than ever and isn't a short term guy. He could be a Panther for the next 5-7 years.

We know we're going after CB's it's not a matter of if but who. Marty better not take the "does this guy have potential to be good in 3 years" route. He needs to take the "this guy is proven and still relatively young" route.

Martin was a pro-bowler on my madden season. dudes a ball-hawk lets keep him on the field.

But seriously hurney talked about only signing someone if the pieces fell into place. doubt we sign meriweather given our safety situation isnt as bad as our cb situation. not gonna change a starting safety's position during week 1. IF we did pick up meriweather though it makes our team better.

Archived