• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's going to start at RG?

mountainpantherfan

Well I'd like for it to be Max cause he's a big sum bitch, but looks like we're going more for sentimental value instead
not sentimental...it's:

actually it's for talent and experience

more importantly:

Piggy. He is easily the best option. Has already played well w/ the entire rest of the OL before.

it's experience with the oline that is the key. it's the band getting back together. MJG is a big ol' cuss, but the hangman is a mean ol' cuss. and he has a chemistry with the other guys on the line that no one else has. and he's quite capable of doing the job.

the run game was at its best when he was on the oline. it makes sense to have him back there.

i hope MJG works out, though, and that he turns out to be great @ RG so hangman can fill in where else needed when injuries happen. he's a guy you can put anywhere on the interior of the oline and know that you aren't going to be taking steps backward. if he is starting, though, he isn't going to look like some big fat chump on roller skates.

He's not a mauler. He is a strong man contest winner, but he plays RG on roller skates,

Mac played division III ball. He was the first player EVER to make an NFL squad from that school. Now, if Mac was any better he could at least got on at a Divison II school. He's a backup at best that the Panthers want to make into a starter out of the lack of depth. It's not his fault. Now we do have the depth, Mac needs to go back as a reserve where he sould be....at best.

Mac played division III ball. He was the first player EVER to make an NFL squad from that school. Now, if Mac was any better he could at least got on at a Divison II school. He's a backup at best that the Panthers want to make into a starter out of the lack of depth. It's not his fault. Now we do have the depth, Mac needs to go back as a reserve where he sould be....at best.

Saying that he is a backup because of where he played college is beyond a stretch. There are Division III guys in the NFL.

He might not be starter material, but it is not because of where he went to school.

Saying that he is a backup because of where he played college is beyond a stretch. There are Division III guys in the NFL.

He might not be starter material, but it is not because of where he went to school.

It's totally not a stretch. How many Division III school guys are there in the League and how many are quality starters? I mean this rhetorically...I doubt you want to reseach it. But come on, it's not like these guys are everywhere.

Hangman.

Sort of on topic... Wharton can play RT right? If Otah goes down, would we move Wharton to RT, and put Max in at LG?

Gross is the backup RT

Wharton is the backup LT (original drafted position)

Hangartner is backup C/LG

Ziemba is backup RG

JG is backup RG

MB is gay

It's totally not a stretch. How many Division III school guys are there in the League and how many are quality starters? I mean this rhetorically...I doubt you want to reseach it. But come on, it's not like these guys are everywhere.

I am not refuting the statistics. But, you can't make the leap from where they played college to being successful in the NFL. Because....there ARE DIII players starting in the NFL.

The odds are against them, but it is not the reason he is not starter material. That is a result of him not being very good.

I am not refuting the statistics. But, you can't make the leap from where they played college to being successful in the NFL. Because....there ARE DIII players starting in the NFL.

The odds are against them, but it is not the reason he is not starter material. That is a result of him not being very good.

So when we "drafted" (quote because Mac certainly would wouldn't have got drafted in those last few picks, thus could of easily gotten him as a UFA) was meant to be groomed for our starting RG spot. Come on man. He was purely a project player that at best would be a decent backup. Let's say hypothetically there's 1% of D-III guys starting in the NFL taken a 45-man gameday roster, that would make 14--fourteen out of 1,440 players. Great odds! There's a reason why guys play D-III ball, some out of personal issues in their life (i.e. lack of money, family issues) and the obvious; they are not good enough to play D-I or even D-II ball.

So when we "drafted" (quote because Mac certainly would wouldn't have got drafted in those last few picks, thus could of easily gotten him as a UFA) was meant to be groomed for our starting RG spot. Come on man. He was purely a project player that at best would be a decent backup. Let's say hypothetically there's 1% of D-III guys starting in the NFL taken a 45-man gameday roster, that would make 14--fourteen out of 1,440 players. Great odds! There's a reason why guys play D-III ball, some out of personal issues in their life (i.e. lack of money, family issues) and the obvious; they are not good enough to play D-I or even D-II ball.

But yet, there are still D-III players starting in the NFL. That is my only point.

If all DIII players were not good enough, then there woudl be ZERO starters in the NFL.

Thus, your logic is flawed.

I will say that DAMN NEAR all DIII players are not good enough....but you said that he was not good enough only because he played DIII ball.

Archived