• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not our only inactive offseason

Mr. Scot

Also worth noting Pep-wise in the Seattle thing is that there is speculation by PFT that the Hawks could cut Julian Peterson which would throw another vet on the market (along with Jason Taylor) who has played 3-4 OLB.

Peterson would make a better fit into the Pats system than Taylor would.

and our record that following season was 7-9.

people who like to style themselves the voice of reason told everyone it was good that we returned 21 of 22 starters that offseason.

but if you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

Yup, injuries and schedules change, even if your starters do not.

Peterson would make a better fit into the Pats system than Taylor would.

As far as being younger and having more years in his career, you are probably right, that would be the far better addition for them. As far as being able to step right in and contribute more right away, I would think JT does (He played in Belichick assistant Saban's 3-4 as a hybrid OLB).

As far as being younger and having more years in his career, you are probably right, that would be the far better addition for them. As far as being able to step right in and contribute more right away, I would think JT does (He played in Belichick assistant Saban's 3-4 as a hybrid OLB).

But Jerod Mayo aside, the Patriots and young LBs seem to be oil and water.

I think ala a 2003 offseason is what we need really. As long as we can get one good signing that really helps us out, we'll be fine. However, we have too many needs to be addressed for us to just sit aside and watch. This leads me to believe that the Panthers are working on dealing Peppers near draft time.

But Jerod Mayo aside, the Patriots and young LBs seem to be oil and water.

This is true to an extent. I have heard their D is sufficiently complex for the LBs that age and experience can be more valued by them than some other teams.

Ahhh man...NFLN just reported Peterson traded to Det!!! :P

Archived