• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not our only inactive offseason

Mr. Scot

Worth remembering that this is not the only offseason in which the Panthers have been largely inactive. A few years back the team did little of any note with the exception of signing one major free agent.

That free agent's name: David Carr :sosp:

(just to clarify, that wasn't meant to be comforting; just a statement of fact)

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of our off-season so far, but I understand why we aren't signing people and what we accomplished so far. We kept Gross and Gamble and Franchised Peppers, not too shabby.

One thing intrigued me though... I was talking to my brother (a Patriots fan) and he said the Peppers situation reminded him of Randy Moss a couple years ago. Got lots of press early in the off-season but it trailed off until draft day when he was traded for a 4th rounder. I could see something similar happening with Peppers, with (like someone above said) a draft day trade. We'll get more than a 4th round pick obviously, but I could see him being part of a draft day trade. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they're eyeballing a guy in round 1 and if he's there when a team interested in Peppers is up they'll pull the trigger on a trade.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of our off-season so far, but I understand why we aren't signing people and what we accomplished so far. We kept Gross and Gamble and Franchised Peppers, not too shabby.

One thing intrigued me though... I was talking to my brother (a Patriots fan) and he said the Peppers situation reminded him of Randy Moss a couple years ago. Got lots of press early in the off-season but it trailed off until draft day when he was traded for a 4th rounder. I could see something similar happening with Peppers, with (like someone above said) a draft day trade. We'll get more than a 4th round pick obviously, but I could see him being part of a draft day trade. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they're eyeballing a guy in round 1 and if he's there when a team interested in Peppers is up they'll pull the trigger on a trade.

I agree

i can see a moss type situatiuon happening but we should get more than a 4th rounder.

moss only went for a 4th because he was a malcontent underachiever has been at that point who had dropped off into oblivion while at the raiders. he has his worst years and performances there and was seen as lazy. very few wanted to touch him.

it was a 4th rounder and he only got a one year deal out of the situation for a reason. no one really believed that he could achieve anything close to what he did while in minny years earlier.

peppers, while he is probably viewed a little funny, has a better reputation than moss and is coming off a much better year than what moss had his last year as a raider.

i would be happy with 1 earlier first rounder for him. that is still a possibility.

Worth remembering that this is not the only offseason in which the Panthers have been largely inactive.

and our record that following season was 7-9.

people who like to style themselves the voice of reason told everyone it was good that we returned 21 of 22 starters that offseason.

but if you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

and our record that following season was 7-9.

people who like to style themselves the voice of reason told everyone it was good that we returned 21 of 22 starters that offseason.

but if you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

:iamwithstupid:

So many people were singing the praises of having all the previous year's starters returning. Big deal!

I laugh every time I see that avatar!

Archived