• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what's the deal with your running game

Saint J

On a more serious note (fantasy)

What's up with Ingram man??? I thought ^He was gonna be a BEAST... Too early still? Or is it play calls. I would like a no shut assessment. I watched y'alls first game but not second. Fill me in

Ingram is still trying to run over people like it's SEC ball...doesn't work against grown ass NFL players. Once he gets the feel of the game better his numbers should improve. Right now I prefer Sproles & PT getting touches over Ingram.

what's the main difference from the lines you guys had from 08-09 to now?

Yo mamma is so fat she jumped and got stuck. Oh wait we're not going that way are we?

Well for one we didn't have a rookie at the most important position in football. Other teams game plan has been very simple, make the run obsolete and make the rook win with his arm. In 2009 the line was together for most of the season, Otah even started thirteen games. Out of the first four games of 2009 we had under one hundred yards rushing three times and like you know finished with two, thousand yard rushers. I wouldn't look into the rushing game too much this early in the year, come back after the bye week and lets give it another look.

what's the main difference from the lines you guys had from 08-09 to now?

we lost two solid rotational/backup guys to starting jobs elsewhere that hurt depth. hangartner was one of them, but just came back. he played RG when 34&28 tore it up at the end of '08.

otah got hurt with a few games left in the '09 season and missed all of last year.

last year we had no real answer at RG or RT. schwartz showed up at RG and did ok and probably would have progressed this year but he got hurt and put on IR.

we had depth and continuity in '08 and even in '09 that we haven't had. the guys just need to gel.

nothing is wrong with our run game.. it's actually right on par with every season since 2008..

it's a bit down, but yeah...it always takes a while to get going,largely because it usually takes a few weeks into the season for the oline to get it together...and that is with a full offseason.

we lost two solid rotational/backup guys to starting jobs elsewhere that hurt depth. hangartner was one of them, but just came back. he played RG when 34&28 tore it up at the end of '08.

otah got hurt with a few games left in the '09 season and missed all of last year.

last year we had no real answer at RG or RT. schwartz showed up at RG and did ok and probably would have progressed this year but he got hurt and put on IR.

we had depth and continuity in '08 and even in '09 that we haven't had. the guys just need to gel.

The Saints are the same way, pretty much. Our run game usually is most solid at the middle and end of the year.

Archived