• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On a positive note... the O-line

blackcatgrowl

Yeah, this loss sucked... we should have won... yada yada... I'm right there with everyone pointing out the bad and feeling how this loss sucked.

But I don't think anyone has yet pointed out... our O-line continued to look good against Chicago. Both for pass protection and run blocking. We were clicking rather well and continued good play from last week against the Jags.

Now maybe the Bears are really that bad at D... but the Jags are not that bad... and I can only think of a handful of times in both of these games that Cam had any real pressure. Zero sacks in two games.

Sure part of the credit goes to Cam for being so mobile... but man... they stood that line up. And it was nice to see DWill come alive (8.2 yards a carry).

We get our Defense and Special Teams shored up, and we're gonna blaze some people going into the rest of the year.

I'd say the gap between the quality of pass blocking and run blocking is still pretty big. I'll grant they seem to be getting better though.

Saw Byron Bell subbed in for Otah some again yesterday.

Ya... I'll give you that. Our pass prot is better still.

But we put 169 yards on the ground, 134 of which came from our RBs and not Cam.

That's a marked improvement, and would only be possible with good running lanes.

Archived