• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Denver QBs and the bottle

Mr. Scot

What is it about Denver that seems to make their QBs hit the sauce?

Brian Griese became quasi-infamous for injuring himself by falling over his dog in a drunken stupor. Now comes this story from PFT about current QB (and malcontent) Jay Cutler.

Cutler report gets expunged

The omitted language is newsworthy only because Anderson posted it, and then without explanation removed it. In reprinting the language, we are not suggesting that the assertions Anderson made are accurate. (In fact, Anderson added a disclaimer to that effect in her original story, explaining that ”[t]he following is what was heard by my source in these trade whispers, not what FOX31 cites as definite facts about Cutler.” Presumably, someone with a law degree concluded that this CYA-style language didn’t “C” enough of FOX31’s “A”.)

Here’s the text that has since been erased:

“The source said there are concerns about Cutler’s consumption of alcohol, and ‘that he’s not that sharp.’

“‘That scared the crap out of McDaniels,’ the source said.”

Frankly, we’ve developed a fairly strong opinion that Cutler is “not that sharp,” especially if reports are true that he asked to be traded before the team tried to trade him, which reportedly offended him even though he had reportedly asked to be traded.

Though we know nothing about whether and to what extent Cutler consumes alcohol, any consumption of alcohol by a Type 1 diabetes patient entails potential health risks. So if that portion of the expunged report is accurate, it would bolster our conclusion that he’s “not that sharp.” (Again, we aren’t reporting that he consumes any amount of alcohol — we’re only pointing out that someone else reported it with a disclaimer as to its accuracy, and then erased the report.)

With all the losing at Vandy, plus having to deal with Marshall and the RB wheel of misfortune, topped off with one of the greatest gacks in the regular season .... could you blame the guy for hittin the sauce?

I'm not sure there is a single person on here that could logistically criticize his drinking habits and be politically correct in that...

For the record, I post this here because I don't consider Cutler a legit possibility for the Panthers. Never did, honestly, but with increased talk of a Delhomme extension, I think it's a moot point to even discuss him in connection with the Panthers. Hence "NFL Central".

Bit more on him from a couple of sources...

Per a 49er page, looks like Pat Bowlen may well nix any and all trade talk: Niner Insider

Also this bit from Yahoo Sports via KFFL:

Vikings | First to inquire about Culter

Charles Robinson, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Minnesota Vikings were the first team to inquire about Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler but the talks broke down early because some elements of the Vikings coaching staff were not totally sold on Cutler.

So "some elements" of the Viking staff would rather go with Travaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels than Cutler? Could be the system I suppose. Still, Ouch.

I'm not sure there is a single person on here that could logistically criticize his drinking habits and be politically correct in that...

IF that is true, and who knows from the nebulous nature of that piece...it certainly wouldn't show great judgment on his part since he is diabetic and that is not a good thing to overindulge in if you are diabetic.

IF that is true, and who knows from the nebulous nature of that piece...it certainly wouldn't show great judgment on his part since he is diabetic and that is not a good thing to overindulge in if you are diabetic.

I agree that it would not be smart, I just don't agree that we should be so critical with the amount of drunks and party people we have on here... :D

No, I don't :lol:

But while I grant the drinking would be a bit of a concern anyway if it were found to be at the level of say, Brian Griese, it's really not so much in this case about the drinking as it is about the drinking while being type I diabetic. Not a good sign :out:

Archived