• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Sweet Caroline should be played at Bank of America Stadium?

Malt Liquor

Only if they play the Will Ferrell "Neil Diamond Storytellers" Version.

QFT

Here is the story behind the song...

I wrote that song after a big show at the Forum. Gary and I had been drinking pretty heavily, and we were driving.. Yeah, well, we were driving down this dark road, and I hit a kid. So, we got out, and sure enough he was dead. So, we just took off. Pretty fast. And, two hours later, I wrote "Sweet Caroline".

http://www.jibjab.com/view/99261

That song is GAY!!!!!!

That song fit the Pirates perfectly....but the dude that wrote this article missed badly on his first "winner".

"We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions," Queen = So cliche, so overused. It's right up there with "na na na, hey hey, goodbye" Somehow the douche mentions the Tomahawk Chop as cliche but it never hit him how cliche the Queen songs are.

And I'm not a Queen hater, they're one of my favorite bands....I just cringe when a stadium cranks those up.

And I actually figured you would be more against it than anyone BECAUSE you're a Sox fan.

I guess if I were a bigger fan of the song I might care more...if it went away at Sox games I wouldn't shed a tear. They could find a much better Dropkicks song to play instead.

Seriously though I like the song don't mine it played at Bank of America Stadium, but you are right I wish we had one signature tune that they play at every home game, and played Sweet Caroline every now and then.

I think it'd be a nice victory song--you know, after we're assured of a win they play it.

Archived