• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC Playbook and Panthers Defense

raleigh-panther

Hurney doesn't make the cuts.

It's not the cuts that made the Defense suck. It's the lack of backup plans.

You knew Beason was hurt pre-season. You knew you couldn't count on Davis holding up for a whole year. You knew Hogan was nursing a bad knee. Ron Edwards went down long before the season started.

Hurney did nothing to effectively replace those guys, despite having advanced warning and more than enough time to prepare for it.

Hurney is responsible for some of the guys who did get cut being here. Maybe he should've signed some talented players who'd have stuck around, so the ones who are failing to get the job done now would have been the ones who got "cut" instead.

Last year Connor played lights-out in the middle. We didn't even have Davis. Hurney went out and got Gaither as additional depth. So we came into the season with better personnel on paper, and quality depth. We've lost two, and now it's his fault that the people we have left aren't playing well?

It's not the cuts that made the Defense suck. It's the lack of backup plans.

You knew Beason was hurt pre-season. You knew you couldn't count on Davis holding up for a whole year. You knew Hogan was nursing a bad knee. Ron Edwards went down long before the season started.

Hurney did nothing to effectively replace those guys, despite having advanced warning and more than enough time to prepare for it.

Hurney is responsible for some of the guys who did get cut being here. Maybe he should've signed some talented players who'd have stuck around, so the ones who are failing to get the job done now would have been the ones who got "cut" instead.

how many good players do you think wanted to come to carolina?

I think the thing that bothers me, and yes I agree with the pros on Playbook, they are spot on; but, not wrapping up, taking bad angles, and constantly being out of position has nothing to do with injuries.

To me, if a player is good enough to be on a NFL team then he should understand the basics. It's not like they are 8 years old and putting pads on for the first time.

Its a leaguewide problem. Coaches are pretty much between a rock and a hard place this year to correct fundamentals. You can talk about it and watch film all you want but nothing gets the point across like 3 days of full pads during the season to work on it. The players union took that away from the coaches. 14 padded practices during a 16 game season is not enough.

Archived