• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LOL at a haunted forest tonight

Hugor Hill

me and the fam went out to Hawfields Haunted Forest tonight out in Mebane and I was wearing my sideline Panthers hat. Real good set-up and run by the Civitan Clubthere so it wasn't really too gory or anything. Good place to take your kids. They had a maze at the end that I got stuck in for like 30 minutes seemed like. They had all kinds of things out there, Freddy, Jason, werewolves, evil doctors and even a scary clown guy. But when we went thru one of the buildings that had an Alice in wonderland land scheme to it, and as I was walking by one of the "monsters" who had scared the crap outta my nephew turns to me and says, "I like yer Carolina hat" in his best monster voice. I said "Go Panthers!" in my best jackalope voice back at him, he turned his head and had this look that he didn't know what the hell just happened. i just had to bust out laughing at the guy. anyways, all in all, decent haunted forest if you want to check them out. Not too scary, not too dumb and stupid. they also have a "scare-free forest" for little kids.

so umm.. just a bunch of trees? and you have to pay for this?

they walk the kids around in daylight, and no its not just a bunch of trees. They had several different haunted houses you had to walk through on the trail. Each house has a different theme to it. I remember alice in wonderland, mad scientist, a 3d house with scary clowns in it, a house that the floor moved as you walked thru, a mummy tomb and some more I can't even remember. At the end, to escape the haunted forest, you had to navigate your self out of a maze in almost pitch black with monsters/ghouls/ghosts walking around/ or standing in corners and dead ends. took us a better part of 15 minutes to find the exit. $10 reg, not sure if you have to pay at all for the scare-free forest or not.

Archived