• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jedi Mind trick Performed on Panthers

redbuddha

I think the league, and all of the announcers have made the Carolina Panthers perform a Jedi Mind trick on themselves. We have forced Cam Newton to be a pocket qb, despite his ability to be a great rollout qb.

Some said Newton was a 1 read and run quarterback, some said he was a running qb, Some said he was stupid and couldn't read NFL defenses.

The Panthers coaching staff so eager to prove that Newton wasn't the above, have committed to making him a passing qb at all expense, forcing him to go for 25 yard passes on first down from our 20. Not protecting the ball by dinking and dunking when we have the lead, not running a true option set like The Golden Calf of Bristol is despite having a better running qb.

Now Newton seems to sit in the pocket waiting for receivers to get open deep downfield, and get sacked or hurried.

I'm not an offensive coordinator, so to some degree I see what Chud is trying to do; but at the same time, where every other team seems to protect their rookie qb all the game, we seem to provide no safety net for our Rookie QB.

I'm not saying he can't be a passing qb. I'm saying why does he always have to pass from the pocket. Early in the season they were rolling him out on the first plays of the game. Now not so much.

More enlightened football minds please educate me.:patriot:

Yea I think Chud is a little too pass happy. He needs to stop trying to get so vertical and do some shorter pass routes and I'm not talking about smoke screens. More slants, 5-10 yard outs, etc. Its also Cam's fault a little bit because he needs to take what is there and not try to go downfield all the time.

you're a victim of your first couple games. coming into the league, no one thought that cam was too accurate and played him soft. he lit it up, then DCs began to take him seriously and his numbers haven't been the same since. however, your OC is trying to repeat the success at the beginning of the season, but he doesn't realize that it wasn't his brilliant playcalling, it was the defenses not knowing what to expect of cam and now they have his number.

Archived