• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KDawg's Mock

KDawg004

Might as well jump in and make a rough draft. Keep in mind I do not believe we'll be picking at #2 when it's all said and done. But we might very well still be top 5.

1st: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

Claiborne is looking like a future shutdown corner. Pairing him up with Gamble can give us a top CB tandem to team up against the NFC South and the rest of the passing league. They can also help the DL pick up some coverage sacks.

2nd: LaVonte David, OLB, Nebraska

A bit undersized but is very instinctive. David is an all around LB that is capable of starting in the NFL. With Thomas Davis returning next year, David will be a great LB waiting in the wings.

4th: Matt Reynolds, OT/OG, BYU

Otah is always injured and no one knows how Schwartz will return from injury. Reynolds is great depth to play inside and at the ends of the line. He is a solid pass and run blocker.

5th: Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas

I'm picking Acho here for depth purposes. Connor might be looking for a starting gig and Acho can backup Beason at MLB. Plays strong despite his smaller frame. Acho can play faster because of his instincts. Reliable open field tackler to help on special teams.

6th: Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma

Tore his ACL so his stock will take a tumble and probably won't contribute much in 2012. But, Broyles is a dynamic receiver with the chance of being elite in the slot. He is also a very good punt returner.

7th: Drew Butler, Punter, Georgia

Butler has a solid leg and a knack to down the ball inside the 20. Can let us cut ties with Baker and maybe save some cap space.

I didn't select a DT because i rather that position be filled with a seasoned vet. Thoughts?

Broyles will be gone LONG before the 6th. He still might not make it out of the first.

I'm not sure about that, I doubt he goes in the first round when you have Jefferies, Blackmon, Floyd, Jones, Sanu, Fuller and Toon with 1st - 2nd round grades and are healthy. I expect him to be taken in the third though, possibly the second round similar to how the Bucs took a chance on Bowers.

Broyles will be gone LONG before the 6th. He still might not make it out of the first.
+

Broyles was a high 2nd round pick before the injury. He will (at most) be a 3rd round pick. he will not be able to contribute his rookie season basically.. he is in a similar situation as Hogan.. but someone will take a flyer on him in the 4th probably.

Saw a mock today that had him going late in the first. With the success of Smith and D Jackson in Philly I bet he goes pretty high despite the injury.

I saw that mock too, but it had not been updated in a couple months. Not sure if its the same mock.

Archived