• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: LaFell to move to #2 WR spot vs. Colts

holycrikey

what i dont understand is that rivera says hes been using this year to evaluate and develop our young players, but lafell hasnt been getting the playing time he needs to do that. he likes naanee for his blocking, so i dont understand why keeps him out there more for his blocking skills when we pass 70% of the time..

i dont have a link cause i seen it on my panthers app on my droid..

"on how naanee has done as the number 2 wide receiver: 'he has done exactly what you want. the biggest thing about the way our receivers are used is we have them block downfield. hes an aggressive guy. he was a big part of what he had done in terms of running the ball in san diego, and he came in and fit that bill right off that bat. secondly, you look for that complimentary receiver to steve (smith), your go to guy. and legedu has been that guy as well.'"

Do you need a source? All you have to do is watch the games and you can tell he is the best blocking WR on the team.

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to answer something that's so obviously misinformed, but I will do it anyways.

Legedu is far and away from being the best blocker on this team. Steve Smith is a premier blocker in this league, and Lafell was drafted by the Fox regime because of his abilities as a run blocker, and he has lived up to that reputation, even as a rookie.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you formulated your opinion as a justification for why you thought Legedu was playing over Lafell, so I will go ahead and give you the answer to that as well.

Naanee is more familiar with the offensive system we run, and a color analyst for one of our games a few weeks ago suggested Lafell was still learning the new playbook, but it certainly has nothing to do with their respective run blocking abilities, I know that because I DO watch the games, in responding to you suggesting that I do not.

Archived