• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaguars Team to Be Sold

chknwing

Already has two NFL teams in the state and is a huge college football town. It's really spread out, kind of a dump once you get out of the metro, and according to Wiki:

(during expansion process in 1995)Jacksonville was also the only television market in the running not ranked in the top 50 Nielsen markets. While Jacksonville was the 15th largest city in the nation at the time, it was (then as now) only a medium-sized market because the surrounding suburban and rural areas are smaller than the city itself. There were 635,000 people in Jacksonville proper according to the 1990 census, but only 900,000 people in the metropolitan area.[

So Jacksonville is the largest city in the contigeous US (size wise) and the 11th most populous city proper in the country also? I had no idea....that may be why the NFL went there in the first place. With it being that big of a city, WTF is there problem?

Go to Jax, appears kinda poor and of course the Dolphins and even the Buccs are more interesting. I've been to a game there, pretty unenthused crowd.

Go to Jax, appears kinda poor and of course the Dolphins and even the Buccs are more interesting. I've been to a game there, pretty unenthused crowd.

I've been there for a game...there were hundreds of thousands of people there. The best game day atmosphere I have ever been to in fact.

It was the Superbowl however. ;)

Jaguars will be moved to LA

Than after 5 years they will be moved somewhere else.

big media market or not all that matters are ticket sales.

The track record of LA and NFL football in regards to ticket sales is not very promising, especially if you bring that sorry ass team to LA.

This idiot line of reasoning always amuses me. Even interested why the Rams left? There has never been a stadium built in Los Angeles for football. Ever. The Coliseum was built for the 1932 Summer Olympics. 1932. Despite this the Rams were a storied franchise in LA for 46 years. Desperate to get out of the shithole that is the Coliseum the Rams played in Anaheim Stadium a baseball park until St. Louis waved the Trans World Dome under Frontierre's nose and that bitch took the team there.

The Raiders? That was a temporary Al Davis power play Al used against the city of Oakland to get a new stadium built. It failed, Al moved back with his tail between his legs and to this day the Raiders play in an old shithole in Oakland.

Given a new stadium and a team to root for LA will fill the seats to capacity as they do for the Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels, Kings and Ducks.

Archived