• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

notes on the bucs heading into the game...

rayzor

Not exactly but with no QB and no DLINE I'm hoping we can outscore them.

It would be better for us if they didn't have any starters play but that's just me being greedy. If both their corners, and their starting linebackers somehow miss this game, I think Cam and our backs will have a big day.

If Blount doesn't play and they have to start Rudy Carpenter from Westlake HS, Westlake, CA, and somehow the good Mike Williams isn't in, I think our defense can hold them long enough for our offense to score some points and claim NFCS DOMINANCE

Not exactly but with no QB and no DLINE I'm hoping we can outscore them.

It would be better for us if they didn't have any starters play but that's just me being greedy. If both their corners, and their starting linebackers somehow miss this game, I think Cam and our backs will have a big day.

If Blount doesn't play and they have to start Rudy Carpenter from Westlake HS, Westlake, CA, and somehow the good Mike Williams isn't in, I think our defense can hold them long enough for our offense to score some points and claim NFCS DOMINANCE

so in order for Cam and the backs to have a big day, their 2nd string player has to start at every defensive position....

Did Blount die?
i don't think that he'll be the factor that many believe he will, esp. if we can jump out ahead.

the dude is a liability in the passing game. he's not much of a receiver and he can't pass block worth a crap so he's never on the field for 3rd and 4th downs or in the majority of passing situations.

you get ahead of them by a couple scores early and you'll only see him on the field a few times the rest of the game.

when he is you know that they are likely going to running the ball. the offense isn't that creative so he'll be easier to contain.

he won't be completely shut down, but i'd be surprised to see him with over 100 yards and a more than one score and i doubt he'll even get that, esp. if we can go ahead early.

the thing that makes him easier to contain than other RBs we've faced is

1) he's pretty nonexistent in the passing game.

2) the bucs really don't have anything else going for them in their offense.

kevin smith was able to do so much damage because he is on the field more than 2 downs, he's a good pass blocker and a good receiver. also the lions have a lot more going for them in the passing game. they have more weapons and a QB that had to be respected even with a broken finger.

the bucs simply don't have anything going for them other than blount. as good as he is and as bad as our run D is, i don't think it's enough.

But how do you get that big lead in the first place without having to stop him from the beginning?

cross your fingers when the D is on the field.

aside from that, just flat out abuse their weak defense. score early, quickly, and often and dare them to keep up.

until then the defense just needs to keep stalling the bucs long enough that they are put in 3rd and 4th down situations. blount sits on the sidelines for those.

Archived