• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

* 2012 NBA Draft Prospects *

HeatCheck

Yeah, I really don't want him. I feel like I'd consider players at positions that aren't as much of a need over him.

Oh and Patric Young said he is returning to UF for his junior year. Not sure how much merit it carries but I could believe it. I wonder if that will sway Beal's decision.

Wow! What a play by T Rob. Guarding a smaller man in Jackson from the perimeter. He was able to stay with him on the drive and block his shot. This leading to Kansas's 1 point lead 3 mins left.

I am not sure if T Rob is quick enough to guard 3s on a consistent basis but if he could he would be my number 2 choice.

Thank you so much for your keen analysis.

No wait- you're an idiot

Great counterpoint there, bud. Ironic that you jump on my opinion for its lack of support by using a personal attack as your argument.

Anyways, name one part of his game that is above average (outside of his length). He is an average defender. An average rebounder. An average 3 point shooter. No aggressiveness. Below average slashing skills. Can't pass. Dreadful ball handling skills.

Now, try to put together a valid argument and engage in an intellectual conversation. Are you capable of that? I'll hang up and listen...

Great counterpoint there, bud. Ironic that you jump on my opinion for its lack of support by using a personal attack as your argument.

Anyways, name one part of his game that is above average (outside of his length). He is an average defender. An average rebounder. An average 3 point shooter. No aggressiveness. Below average slashing skills. Can't pass. Dreadful ball handling skills.

Now, try to put together a valid argument and engage in an intellectual conversation. Are you capable of that? I'll hang up and listen...

I didnt make a counter argument because your assertion was outrageous. I dont particularly want to go into a full analysis of Barnes' game right here, so I'll focus on one point- the idea that Barnes is an average 3 pt shooter is silly. There are very few guys with legit SF size that have a shot as advanced as his, and if you want proof of that look no further than this draft.

How many lottery prospects this year are better outside shooters than Barnes? Maybe Bradley Beal (even though he hits 32% compared to Barnes 38%) who is an undersized SG, Jeremy Lamb (33%) also a SG, undersized SG Seth Curry (37%), and Damien Lillard (42%), a PG from Weber State. But no, you're right, he is an average 3 pt shooter, just happens to be one of the best available in the draft

Now I'm going to bed, if you want to know more about why you are wrong I suggest you check out these sites

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Harrison-Barnes-5705/

http://nbadraft.net/players/harrison-barnes

Like I said...he's overrated. I'm not comparing him against guys who might get picked in the top 15 or whatever. I'm comparing him to everyone. And I said average 3 point shooter, not average 3 point shooting SF.

Going by my initial argument (not the one that you tried to make it because that completely defeats the purporse) there's two guys on one team that shoot better than Barnes from three. John Jenkins shot 44% on 305 attempts (more than double Barnes' attempts) and Jeffery Taylor (a 6'7" SF) shot 42% on 156 attempts (still a lot more than Barnes). Not to mention Taylor is 10 times better than Barnes on defense, has almost double the amount of assists (with practically only one guy, the aformentioned Jenkins, as an offensive threat on his team, as opposed to Barnes' 4 guys at one time), and is more aggressive and can drive tough to the rim.

Like I said...he's overrated. I'm not comparing him against guys who might get picked in the top 15 or whatever. I'm comparing him to everyone. And I said average 3 point shooter, not average 3 point shooting SF.

Going by my initial argument (not the one that you tried to make it because that completely defeats the purporse) there's two guys on one team that shoot better than Barnes from three. John Jenkins shot 44% on 305 attempts (more than double Barnes' attempts) and Jeffery Taylor (a 6'7" SF) shot 42% on 156 attempts (still a lot more than Barnes). Not to mention Taylor is 10 times better than Barnes on defense, has almost double the amount of assists (with practically only one guy, the aformentioned Jenkins, as an offensive threat on his team, as opposed to Barnes' 4 guys at one time), and is more aggressive and can drive tough to the rim.

You think Barnes is an average 3 pt shooter because you can find a couple random college players who shoot better than he does? Hahaha okay...

I was comparing him to NBA prospects because we are talking about him in the context of going pro, and for an NBA prospect he has a great shot (high, quick release, pretty consistent, and not afraid of the big moment), especially since it is almost guaranteed to transition well to the NBA. But since you dont want to compare him to NBA prospects, or even players at his position, then I guess the burden of proof is on you to prove that out of the 3000 or so D1 players he falls somewhere in the middle in terms of 3 pt shooting. I'd consider it proven if you can name 500

You think Barnes is an average 3 pt shooter because you can find a couple random college players who shoot better than he does? Hahaha okay...

I was comparing him to NBA prospects because we are talking about him in the context of going pro, and for an NBA prospect he has a great shot (high, quick release, pretty consistent, and not afraid of the big moment), especially since it is almost guaranteed to transition well to the NBA. But since you dont want to compare him to NBA prospects, or even players at his position, then I guess the burden of proof is on you to prove that out of the 3000 or so D1 players he falls somewhere in the middle in terms of 3 pt shooting. I'd consider it proven if you can name 500

You must be a North Carolina fan.

BTW...how are Jenkins and Taylor not NBA prospects? Simple research might help your argument. This one has both going in the first round this year. http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

So much for your "random guys" argument. You're really not good at this argument thing.

You must be a North Carolina fan.

BTW...how are Jenkins and Taylor not NBA prospects? Simple research might help your argument. This one has both going in the first round this year. http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

So much for your "random guys" argument. You're really not good at this argument thing.

Congrats, you responded to none of my arguments. In fact, the only "argument" you responded to was actually just a passing comment- I never said they weren't draft prospects. I wanted to compare him to legit NBA prospects, you just want to be as vague as possible so no one can disprove your "Barnes is an average shooter" theory. Bottom line, he is a good shooter, and considering his size and the elevation he gets on his shot, he should continue to be a good shooter at the next level.

Yeah, I dont know those guys, I watched Vandy once or twice this year and dont pay close attention to every late-1st round draft prospect.

Yes, I'm a UNC fan, which means I have seen Barnes play a lot and I'm very familiar with his strengths and weaknessess. I dont particularly like him as a top-5 prospect, but he reminds me of Danny Granger (slighty worse rebounder)- he has good size and can shoot well, but he isnt really franchise guy. Maybe a taller James Harden (minus the ball handling)- if he is your 2nd or 3rd scoring option your offense is doing well. I would rank him behind Davis, MKG, Thomas Robinson, and Sullinger in this draft. Slightly ahead of Bradley Beal, Perry Jones, John Henson, and Andre Drummond IMO

If Barnes could only dribble. I dont understand why he cant but everytime he tries to drive, he is ahead of the basketball. Id think he could get a better handle but its the end of his 2nd year at UNC so Im not sure what hes waiting on. He should dribble a ball everywhere he goes sort of like when they make a running back carry a football all the time with everyone trying to knock it loose.

Archived