• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weekly OMG Sherrod Martin thread

Udogg

figured I'd add to the martin thread. I read this on a ESPn TMQ article near the botom:

Single Worst Play of the Season --

So Far: Game tied at 17, the stat-a-rama Saints were on the Panthers' 42. Marques Colston ran a simple "up" on the offensive right. Cornerback Chris Gamble let Colston go, in order to double-team Darren Sproles short. Safety Sherrod Martin let Colston go -- Martin was making the high-school mistake of "looking into the backfield" trying to guess what the quarterback would do, rather than simply guarding his man. Drew Brees pumped left, causing Martin to step left, then threw a touchdown pass to Colston, at this point by himself in the end zone.

Now the kicker: The play began with 16 seconds remaining in the first half!

And New Orleans was out of timeouts.

Sixteen seconds remaining in the half, no timeouts: Maybe, just maybe, the play will go to the end zone. Yet Colston got behind the entire Carolina secondary, while the short man was double-covered. Carolina Panthers, you are guilty of the single worst play of the regular season.

figured I'd add to the martin thread. I read this on a ESPn TMQ article near the botom:

Single Worst Play of the Season --

So Far: Game tied at 17, the stat-a-rama Saints were on the Panthers' 42. Marques Colston ran a simple "up" on the offensive right. Cornerback Chris Gamble let Colston go, in order to double-team Darren Sproles short. Safety Sherrod Martin let Colston go -- Martin was making the high-school mistake of "looking into the backfield" trying to guess what the quarterback would do, rather than simply guarding his man. Drew Brees pumped left, causing Martin to step left, then threw a touchdown pass to Colston, at this point by himself in the end zone.

Now the kicker: The play began with 16 seconds remaining in the first half!

And New Orleans was out of timeouts.

Sixteen seconds remaining in the half, no timeouts: Maybe, just maybe, the play will go to the end zone. Yet Colston got behind the entire Carolina secondary, while the short man was double-covered. Carolina Panthers, you are guilty of the single worst play of the regular season.

Don't you miss "Bend but don't break" defense now?

seriously...

Yes seriously...the old bend but dont break defense rarely worked no matter what personel you had.

It is a fact that our current defense is putrid,....but a killer agressive instinct is what sets great teams apart from .500 teams. I feel this defesne will be good in the near future...all though i dont know if it is next year or the year after.

I will always like agressive over passive any day.

Archived