• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

With a bit more effort in the Big10 a guy like Poe should have dominated. That goes once again to players not motivating themselves. Money is the motivation at the combine so you see every bit of speed and strength and effort. A guy can be a super elite athlete but if he isn't motivated he'll never be great.

I'll take Brockers production as a sophomore over Poe's as a junior. Poe may become a beast in the NFL but he should have beasted in the Big10.

Poe did not play in the Big10....he was at Memphis (C-USA).

Poe was a second-round guy until the combine, and even that was based solely on his athletic potential. I can't get past the idea of taking a guy who wasn't even first team Conference USA in the top ten of the NFL Draft. If Carolina insists on taking a physical prospect that can't motivate himself to play at a high level all the time, why not just take Coples? Or Jenkins? There's plenty of guys who have question marks that aren't physical, but still produced at high levels against good competition. Poe has the same questions and didn't even play well enough to justify the pick.

Poe's lack of production is a bit of a concern for me, but I also realize that he was the only legit D1 player on that Memphis D. The opposing OL could pretty much just key in on him.

DeAngelo Williams set NCAA records at the same school, with the same problems as Poe. If you're going to play against inferior competition, you have to dominate it.

DeAngelo Williams set NCAA records at the same school, with the same problems as Poe. If you're going to play against inferior competition, you have to dominate it.

RB is a far different animal than DT. Plus, Memphis was a decent C-USA team during DeAngelo's time. Memphis has been absolutely terrible during Poe's time. Big time apples to oranges comparison.

RB is a far different animal than DT. Plus, Memphis was a decent C-USA team during DeAngelo's time. Memphis has been absolutely terrible during Poe's time. Big time apples to oranges comparison.

Of course offense and defense are different, but we're talking about a top ten selection in the NFL draft. His scouting reports tell the story of a guy with inconsistent technique and effort. Lack of production+lack of effort=top draft pick? These are all the same reasons that Coples is getting hated on, nationally and around here.

Archived