• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Senna" Documentary

davos

I gave this a go recently and it was so good, I just had to go on here to promote it. If you're not a Formula 1 fan, this movie will still be great. One of the better biographical documentaries I have seen in quite some time. Really interesting, in-depth, and emotional on many levels.

• 2 months later...

Holy f*ckery, that was incredible.

I was a huge F1 fan growing up, but I'm too young to remember the Senna/Prost era.

In the post up there, I said I consider my self more of a Prost fan than Senna fan, mainly because I had always viewed Senna as too aggressive and too serious, but the documentary definitely sways that thought.

Senna was a brilliant driver, and his drive to be the best was phenomenal. For example, the Japanese GP in '91, where he had to WIN the race to have a shot at the championship. Prost turned into Senna, took them both off the track, and then Senna urged the officials to push him back on. He had to pit to change his front wing, went back out, and ended up winning the race. His determination there is unheard of, even though he was later revoked of the win then banned for 6 months or whatever (which is total bullsh*t watching the footage back).

That race at Imola should've never been run though. Rubens' wreck in practice, Ratzenberger's death in qualifying the day before the race, the wreck at the start of the race... Clearly there was something wrong with the conditions of the track or the cars (or both?), and they shouldn't have allowed the race to continue after Ratzenberger died.

Amazing film though. It's great to finally see the story of the legend I have heard so much about since I was a kid. It makes me think so much more highly of him and the driver he was than I ever did before.

I watched it a couple of months ago. It was really great. I already knew about most of the events covered in the documentary. But the way it was edited, and some of the rare footage that was included, made it truely fantastic. Senna was a great driver and an even greater person. Thankfully Formula One stepped up its safety measures after Senna's death and no one has been killed in an accident since. Which speaks volumes as there have been some very bad crashes over the years (Kubica's crash in '07 comes to mind).

Which speaks volumes as there have been some very bad crashes over the years (Kubica's crash in '07 comes to mind).

I'm not gonna lie, I thought I might have witnessed a death while watching that one live.

And another one that comes to mind is Alonso hitting the tires that Webber spread across in Brazil back in the day.

And even Massa taking a spring to the head. Senna died because something popped out and hit his head, yet Massa could survive taking that spring to the face at who knows what speed.

Hopefully other racing sports like Indy follow form after what happened to Wheldon. Yet another race that should NOT have been run. Just like Imola in '94, the tragedy in Vegas last year was foreshadowed all weekend.

Archived