• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I miss the old rpgs

XClown1986

pac man, donkey kong, street fighter, mortal kombat, dig dug, pitfall, breakout, tron, contra, bubble bobble, space invaders, frogger, galaga, nba jam, asteroids, centipede, mario bros, pole position, rampage, ghosts n goblins, wwf superstars, Q*bert, popeye, 1942, gauntlet, golden axe, double dragon, choplifter, punchout, spy hunter, dragon's lair, joust, burgertime, and pong all think you're talking out the side of your neck

pac man, donkey kong, street fighter, mortal kombat, dig dug, pitfall, breakout, tron, contra, bubble bobble, space invaders, frogger, galaga, nba jam, asteroids, centipede, mario bros, pole position, rampage, ghosts n goblins, wwf superstars, Q*bert, popeye, 1942, gauntlet, golden axe, double dragon, choplifter, punchout, spy hunter, dragon's lair, joust, burgertime, and pong all think you're talking out the side of your neck

Clearly you don't understand what I was talking about. Many games that were developed for arcades were made intentionally difficult to encourage a system where the player is forced to use more money to continue. A great example of this would be X-Men or the TMNT games. This does not make a game bad.

Battletoads was so bad as an arcade game they released it on consoles and for some reason people think it's a good game just because it's hard. The controls were clunky making the game even more difficult than it should have been.

Lots of the games you mentioned are very good. You however don't understand the point I was trying to make and instead just go for the contrarian viewpoint like you always do.

Battletoads was so bad as an arcade game they released it on consoles and for some reason people think it's a good game just because it's hard. The controls were clunky making the game even more difficult than it should have been.

I really liked Battletoads when I was a kid. Battletoads and Double Dragon.

Archived